Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
2013 R6

I've got PCV, I had full exhaust with Toce slip on but it was absurdly loud and I need to change it.. I've got two options..

Reinstall OEM headers/cat and use Toce slip on.

Or continue using aftermarket headers and reinstall OEM muffler

Which would be the best option (looking to quiet down) and which map would be good to tune it with.

Thank-you!

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
why not OEM headers with OEM muffler??? TOCE must be slang for GARBAGE. Toss that stupid thing in a scrap pile. What useless crap!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

1. why not OEM headers with OEM muffler??? TOCE must be slang for GARBAGE. Toss that stupid thing in a scrap pile. What useless crap!

2. why not OEM headers with OEM muffler??? TOCE must be slang for GARBAGE. Toss that stupid thing in a scrap pile. What useless crap!
Lol I wasn't aware of how shit Toce was. I just got the bike and the guy had headers and the Toce slip on. I was thinking of changing just muffler so I'd have the benefits of no cat but maybe just stock is better for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What did you decide to do. I’m looking to do a mid pipe with the 2010 and up one slip on. I like the stock noise level as is although I wish it had a bit more bass. Just looking to improve performance with this mod...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did you decide to do. I’m looking to do a mid pipe with the 2010 and up one slip on. I like the stock noise level as is although I wish it had a bit more bass. Just looking to improve performance with this mod...
I ended up using my after market headers and left the stock muffler on for now. It sounds decent but I'm having an issue where my idle bouncing up and down and some Popping.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You didn’t have those issues with the rice slip on?
Still was having the popping issues with the Toce aswell as the stock muffler with the headers on but it was quieter with stock muffler. I think it's the Power commander that's making the idle issue cause it's replaced the O2 sensor which has an automatic air fuel adjustment

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe you need to remove the exhaust air injection system and(/or?) install block off plates for the popping. My understanding is that the unburned fuel in the exhaust (normally catalyzed by the catalytic converters) ignites when it mixes with the freshly injected air. That’s the popping sound you hear.

To idle at factory rpm setting, you need some back pressure. Your setup is most likely too free-flowing which is good for top end and bad for bottom end (idle). Did you disable the EXUP valve on the stock slip on? Keeping it enabled should help you reclaim some back pressure and stabilize your idle.

P.S... I’m no authority on this stuff. Just done lots of reading.

Google Flash Tune or Woolich Racing flashing software. It’s not cheap but you can customize most of the ecu functions whenever and however you feel.

Alternatively, and for less money, you could get a custom flash.

BAUCE Racing seems very popular for the flash service. I believe the owner’s username on the forum is chiefsmokedog or something like that. Call them and inquire.

Once you discover all the functionality built into the stock ecu, you’ll be blown away (and you’ll be tempted to toss the PCV in the trash along with the Toce Slip-On).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe you need to remove the exhaust air injection system and(/or?) install block off plates for the popping. My understanding is that the unburned fuel in the exhaust (normally catalyzed by the catalytic converters) ignites when it mixes with the freshly injected air. That’s the popping sound you hear.

To idle at factory rpm setting, you need some back pressure. Your setup is most likely too free-flowing which is good for top end and bad for bottom end (idle). Did you disable the EXUP valve on the stock slip on? Keeping it enabled should help you reclaim some back pressure and stabilize your idle.

P.S... I’m no authority on this stuff. Just done lots of reading.

Google Flash Tune or Woolich Racing flashing software. It’s not cheap but you can customize most of the ecu functions whenever and however you feel.

Alternatively, and for less money, you could get a custom flash.

BAUCE Racing seems very popular for the flash service. I believe the owner’s username on the forum is chiefsmokedog or something like that. Call them and inquire.

Once you discover all the functionality built into the stock ecu, you’ll be blown away (and you’ll be tempted to toss the PCV in the trash along with the Toce Slip-On).
Appreciate the help, and yeah I've been thinking of just selling the PC5 and getting it flashed, or even just using the stock O2 sensor in the meantime. Also the Exup is disabled in the stock Muffler (the butterfly valve is completely gone lol)

Are the ECU flashes specific to each bike set up?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
548 Posts
I'm gonna go hook up my exup cables up and see if it gets more low grunt. Standby.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
548 Posts
Were the nuts welded to the butterfly?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Were the nuts welded to the butterfly?
There's two screws tac welded onto the round butterfly valve inside, I just drilled top down from the screws and gave it a little smack and it came off. Then just secure the little steel dowel with wire or something.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
548 Posts
I thought about that, but got lazy and left the cables off so the spring keeps it wide open.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had it like that, then tried removing the spring thing on top but didn't realize that the butterfly valve is like welded in and couldn't put the thing back together on top and ended up just drilling it out lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts