Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for a slip on for my soon to arrive '05? My partner at work had a Vance & Hines S4 Titanium on his '99 that he loved, but it doesn't appear that they make one for the fuel injected years. I want something that won't require any other mods or adjustments if possible. Just want something that sounds better than stock. Thanks...

·
Registered
181 Posts
there's going to be alot of opinions here...but I prefer BLUE FLAME...i have the titanium highmount on mine and I love it. Besides I'm here in the Tampa area and I've yet to see another bike with the BF can. There are alot of guys on this forum who have the BF can, so I'm sure they'll chime in.

You're getting the blue 05', so either the scorched titanium or carbon fiber would look sweet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in the Tampa area too. About 40 min north. I don't think I'll want a high mount on mine. What should I expect to spend too?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I currently have a BF DP CF can and love it. quality is top notch although recently it seems theiur quality has been hit and miss. but you can't go wrong with the sound at all. it is pure wickedness.

I might be selling it shortly as I have a little something special on the way.

·
Registered
109 Posts
DEVIL !! i have the lowmount ovo and everyone that hears mine says it sounds perfect.

·
Registered
373 Posts
-lowmount/highmount it's all your preference- i like himount for the visual sex appeal.... regarding price... you talk to the right people like HAMMY THE CAN MAN and you'll spend around 5 bills average-someone correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
133 Posts
Alot of peeps on this board prefer blue flame....it's almost a Yammy thing. I have a yoshi full exhaust to be diffrent on the Big island since the mentality here is yoshi are for gixxers....... I love the response I get from the yoshi full exhaust. I had a yoshi slipon and when I switch to a full exhaust... I always kick myself on the ass for not switching to a full exhaust in the first place. My six feels so mean that it scares me pushing it to redline, It sounds mellow when cruising and and screams like a banshee on steroids when going to redline. If you look on ebay... prices are decent.... Sorry Hammy but, prices on ebay are too hard to pass up. My 2 cents............

·
Registered
32 Posts
penfold said:
I currently have a BF DP CF can and love it. quality is top notch although recently it seems theiur quality has been hit and miss. but you can't go wrong with the sound at all. it is pure wickedness.

I might be selling it shortly as I have a little something special on the way.
For sale yet? :mrgreen:

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I doubt that Ebay has anything better to offer than I do. Trust me I know because I look. More importantly, they can't touch my customer service or customer loyalty prices. Just ask the guys around here that have bought a pipe and came back for leathers, a Power Commander, rotors, etc. It's hard for some people to learn that price isn't everything. Not to mention the counterfeit Yoshimura stuff that was out there about two years ago. We have talked about this before. I'm not saying thats what you have, but when you buy from me you know you are getting the real deal. I'm factory direct with most exhaust brands that I sell and Yoshimura is one of them.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I just ordered a carbon fiber Jardine r/t one race slip on from hammy and can't wait for it to get here. It should be here like wednesday at the latest so looks like christmas is coming a lil early this year!!!

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
You could get an M4 S/O. I got a carbon fiber low mount from Hammy and it's friggin sweet.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I have yet to have a manufacturer tell me that they have a pipe for the 05. I don't even know if it will be diferent from the 03/04's. I suspect it will be. Usually they are waiting for the bike to be released so that they can get their hands on it and design a pipe for it. I'd suggest going with the stock exhaust for a while (I know what you're thinking, IS HE CRAZY?!!!) and giving it a while for the aftermarket companies to catch up. That way you can make an educated decision instead of buying 1st available. There will be plenty of info on the new pipes as they become available.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
this is what my "OLD" bike used to look like with the BF Scorched TI on it.....

looks sweet huh???

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
NoLegs said:
I'd never buy a high mount if I had even the slightest chance of keeping my rear pegs. I just can't get over how ridiculous the offest peg is, it looks half-ass.
Yeah the offset peg looks extremely ridiculous. But Rsixxr's bike looks damn nice without them although he needs to get the "no-ho" seat since he doesn't have rear pegs anyway.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts