Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How comes these exhaust cost so much for bikes?

I know the one for my subaru is 3 inch, all stainless, and cost about the same as one of those devil exhaust with the 2 tubes (which i like)....and cost less then those under the seat ones (which i like those also)

is it possible to make your own?

space

·
Registered
327 Posts
You answered your own question in your signature...
Speed does cost money! The whole supply and demand thing is a bitch, too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but i also understand material cost and labor....and I can't see where it would be that much time to make one along with the material needed.....

of course, supply and demand is a aspect i didnt look at either but if that were true, there's not much of a demand on turbo kits for Haybusas but yet they cost almost as much as my supercharger kit for my porsche....oh well....i wasn't much on economics.....

yes speed cost money, but I dont consider exhaust and intakes much of a speed increaser....if you want serious speed, the forced induction is the way to go and thats where the money is at.....

space

·
Registered
330 Posts
The answer is pretty simple - do a search for how many Subaru there are sold each year against how many R6 - economies of scale always mean car parts are cheaper

To develop our under seat pipe for example cost around $15000 - that's not including buying the bike to do it on - there's hours and hours of dyno time, several prototypes, jig building etc etc - and that has to be recouped in the cost of it with a limited market - we may only sell 5-600 world wide over 2 years...

·
my pipe's bigger than urs
450 Posts
hey ya'll just joined the forum. umm i have an 02 r6 with a few mods. neway i have a yoshimura tri oval dual tip exhaust on right now, but a while back when i bought the bike it had just had a brand new rs-3 carbonfiber exhaust on it (slip on), and its pretty much still brand new not a scratch on it, umm i was thinkin of just sellin it for 300 or somethin but email me [email protected]. which brings me to my question... would anyone know the approx power gain from that kinda switch? there's a big difference in noise.. but umm i was just wonderin bout power.
ok thanks a lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts