Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
You'll need to go to a full system if you want the maximum power gains for your bike. You'll need to get a fuel management module like a PC3 or Bazzaz and get it custom mapped or run the self mapping units. As for full systems there are many good choices out there. I'm running a full Akrapovic Evo. Leo Vince, Graves, Arrow are all great choices too. Look to spend around $1500 for everything.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Dont really think 3-5 Hp is worth the 1500......I can only see it to be worth it IF you are Racing for more than fun.....but otherwise useless

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
It really comes down to whether or not you need those 3-5 hp, but even then there's a significant weight saving associated with it.

My racebike is now down to about 160 kgs with all fluids, but no fuel. That weight saving has made it way faster than any of the hp increases.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
It really comes down to whether or not you need those 3-5 hp, but even then there's a significant weight saving associated with it.

My racebike is now down to about 160 kgs with all fluids, but no fuel. That weight saving has made it way faster than any of the hp increases.
I can agree with that, Ful TI is really nice But for a budget you can go with a Mid pipe and a good tune to achive about the same nubers for half the cost. I am an Exhaust whore I have had 3 different systems on my bike and I am running a slipon with a mid pipe.....Cost me less than 500 for my whole set up and gain 4hp on a dyno. But If i need to really save on weight than Full Ti is the way to go.

EDIT: Give or take on the Dyno too ;)

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
A Full system is really not worth it, 3-5hp Gain Max
This is very true with the newer bikes. On the older carburetor induced bikes a full system would net 10 or more HP sometimes with proper jetting. It just depends on what you want. A full system with the ignition module and PC can net you some decent HP even on the newer bikes; however, it must be properly tuned by someone who knows what they are doing like a race shop. But, now your talking some big bucks and it's not really worth it for street set up. Mostly for racing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts