Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone iam new here... iam getting 04R6 next wkend (dam i cant wait any longer)..one of the things i want to change is the exhaust... i was thinking about the slip on GYT-R... if anyone here has this can you tell sum info like do you like,how loud is it,how much you paid for it, and anything else you like me to know....

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
cant tell you much about the slip on but i do know someone on here has it. also i can say WELCOME to this glorius forum of idiots and genuises. :mrgreen: :cheers

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've got a full GYT-R carbon system. Love it.

the slip-on should be the same as mine, and the quality in '03 really got way better. Sounds awesome, deep rumble down low and she screams up top. Pretty loud..........I would of had an exact db reading of how loud it is, but forgot to run the decible meter when i was on the dyno.

I should of had dyno results today, but ran into bad coils, so when i get them replaced, i'll be going back to the dyno.

I would recommend getting a PC3usb with any aftermarket system, and if your looking for a good aftermarket slip-on that is cheap, look into Jardine RT-one. Hammy could hook you up with that, maybe even a PC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont wanna sound dumd but what is a PC3usb.....the dealers over here keep telling me to get a micron slip on....what do you think about that redlineR6 compared to the GYT-R..not really worried bout the money aspect...thanks

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
get the gyt-r its a much better quality compared to micron. most of their colored cans will fade and look like crap after awhile. also the pc3usb is a product from dynojet. pc3usb stands for power commander 3 usb(usb is the connector for your computer so you can adjust the map of your engine) it will help to dial in your engine to gain all the available HP you can from your slipon and other such addons to your bike. :cheers

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
For '03 and '04 I would recommend GYT-R over Micron. For 99-02 R6's i'd recommend Micron. GYT-R used to have some serious quality issues, this year when i saw my pipe it is clearly one of the best fit/finished pipes on the market IMO. Right up there with Akro, Devil, Blue Flame and others.

Micron on the other hand, seems to have some issues with slip-on packing. Every slip-on of theirs seems to get almost D&D sounded after about 5000 miles.

I think i'm going with Hindle the next go around however, I really like their products and the price can't be beat.

I'd also recommend M4 for a serious thought, NICE work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts