Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted a micron race can to my 04. Has caused bad backfiring on deceleration and a hessitation rolling the throttle back on. Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
This is from another thread Thanks to Redline:
RedlineR6 said:
Yep, you're right. It is unburnt fuel, just like on our FI bikes with AIS. I don't even know if the 99-02's have a AIS system, but on our bikes, the AIS system creates a "LEAN LIKE CONDITION OF A CARBED BIKE"

It happens on decel because you just got done literally COOKING your headers (HEAT).....theirs always enough unburnt GASOLINE along with other BY-PRODUCTS of combustion such as CO which is also a flammable gas (FUEL)....... no one ever thinks about other flammable products other than gasoline.

So you have HEAT, FUEL, what about the oxygen? When you get the right mixture of all....WOOF, or in this case a backfire sound.

On bikes WITHOUT AIS systems, it's hard to say where the correct amount of oxygen is coming from. It can only come through the intake or exhaust. Which is another reason why aftermarket exhaust might make it more noticeable for they not only breath better going out, but in, it could be a possibility.

On FI bikes, no better reason than to blame it on the gay ass AIS which is intended to give it the right O2 for combustion in the exhaust ports and pipe. I'm a firm believer in not adding emission shit. Old fashioned.

Ok.......so you get that i hope.

NOW........

This is all depending on the condition of your valves...exhaust valves to be correct. If you are noticing constant popping through a wide range of deceleration, one of the exhaust valves is not seating and your combustion chamber now extends into your headers... Make sense?

One, maybe a couple quick pops right after a hard run is normal, you get many of them, you need to start seeing if you have a seat problem, weak springs, bent valve etc... Or just a lean condition that is causing everything to reach much higher temperatures.

I'm betting that it's just a regular deceleration pop, but if you think it's a valve issue you need to have a leak-down test done, don't just go tearing into your engine.

Sorry guys, i'm a freak. :drink

Sorry if i forgot anything, I got into NOVEL MODE....
It was for someone who had a carbed bike be he did an excellent job explaining it :cheers thanks again Redline

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,i blanked off the A.I.S and it is much better. Now i dont get a
whole lot of poping, just one big woosh with a nice blue flame, should look good at night

1 - 3 of 3 Posts