Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best exhaust for the money right now? I've heard all the sound clips on the different type of exhaust available. Before listening to the clips, I really liked the Arka, but now after listening to all of it...I must admit I am in love with the BF since no one in Albuquerque has em yet..or at least I haven't seen any yet. BTW I got the new '05 Raven R6.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
the best system depends on what your going for... power, style, both, sound, all of the above, etc...

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
its your bike and if you want to add some bling then go for it. for me if i was gonna get a full system i would lean toward the arata. i know too many people with akra, so to be different i would pick the full titanium arata system.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW!!! Well I'm just goin for sound and performance...I would like people to hear me a mile away...but just bearable enough that I can still ride in a group without everyone hating...Too many ppl in Albuquerque have Akra, Yoshi and 2bros...so BF, Arata would be different...I didn't like D&D that much because of the extreme loudness...Soo it looks like I'm leaning towards the BF titanium or carbon fiber...not much of a power freak so full system is a no go... :mrgreen:

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Sausage said:
BTW I got the new '05 Raven R6.
Why not a Devil? I have an '04 Red/Blk 6 and I think I'm gonna get me a devil pipe from Hammy within the next month or so. I think the CF devil would match perfectly since it incorporates black, red, and some white on the pipe. I've also seen people get the Blueflame CF can and then take off the sticker that comes on the new models for a complete carbon looking can. Theres some good choices out there that will match up just right.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i thought you wanted a full system. the devil sb2 is a good choice. thats what i have. i have no complaints. if you could wait a while. Penfold is gonna be marketing his stubby race cans.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Sausage said:
WOW!!! Well I'm just goin for sound and performance...I would like people to hear me a mile away...but just bearable enough that I can still ride in a group without everyone hating...Too many ppl in Albuquerque have Akra, Yoshi and 2bros...so BF, Arata would be different...I didn't like D&D that much because of the extreme loudness...Soo it looks like I'm leaning towards the BF titanium or carbon fiber...not much of a power freak so full system is a no go... :mrgreen:
If you want power and sound, I have a Polished Jardine RT-ONE slip-on race baffle, low mount. It has a nice burble down low and screams when you open it up. And it sounds DDEEEEEEEEEPPP.

A cheap way to figure out what type of you like, you can buy mine CHEAP.
Shoot me a PM, if you might be interested.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well if anyone has any pipes that they are getting rid of...send me a PM and include the type of pipe, lo or high mount and how much you want...I won't buy til Feb. cause I"m going to Philly Jan. 12th to the 17th...so if any of you guys are in the Philly area...send me a email with your number and I'll hit you up when I"m out there. BTW my email is [email protected] please no spam...or the pig gets it...

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
I prefer the Graves systems.. They are developed around Chuck Grave's race program to produce power across the board in all RPM ranges.. I've got a few choices on what we can run and always use Graves on our R6's and R1's..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts