Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a stock pipe on my 00. But I want to change it because the sound it makes undermines my baby’s potential, and I wouldn’t make some extra juice in this crotch rocket. :twisted: What suggestions do any of you recommend? And why? Also, are there any high mounts with rear passenger pegs?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Here are a few of my favorites. I really like the blue fade Micron. Thats the one I am thinking about.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hindle.
A friend of mine has one on his '02 and it sounds amazing! He mentioned that he bought it because of the dyno numbers. I haven't seen any dyno charts to know how much of a gain you get. He also jet'd it this spring.

Alden

·
Registered
52 Posts
D and D.......if you want really good sound (loud) and good increase in hp.....that is what I have on my bike....I have an 03.......I put the pipe on 2 days ago and already have 500 miles on it.....I hate to get off my bike.....sounds great and very substancial gan in power......I got my Polished Alum for 327.....if I had the extra cash flow I would have gone with Micron......but I love my pipe :pimp

Jared

·
Registered
52 Posts
OH and one other thing......dont get high mount.......Yes they look sweet as hell, but they are quieter and you gain less hp......the more bends you put in your mid-pipe they more restricted which = less hp gain and a quieter pipe

Jared

·
Registered
8 Posts
But....The slip ons only add 1-3 REAR WHEEL HP!!! I do not think that a few bends are going to bother it too much. As for sound....well some do not like a loud pipe!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Let's settle the argument

Will those gentlemen with pipes put on some sound clips, sos the rest of us "soon to be pipe" owners can make up our friggin minds???

Coming to the states all the way from Brunei next week to buy a yoshi.
prob go with the TI tri-oval. They rape u for pipes this side of the world.
550 US.....
geeZUZ!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I got a scorpion slip-on on my 03. sounds good, adds a little more power. And my :boob says it looks "much cuter". I am so relieved.

·
Registered
293 Posts
put a full race hindle on mine and it is sweet. with a jet kit is is a lot smoother with more power from mid to high revs. sounds badass too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've just put a Blue Flame race can on mine is sounds & looks the Bo**ocks, Just got to keep away from the boys in blue :scared

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got an Akrapovic carbon pipe on mine, works great. Lots of $$$ though.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Like this ???

Use the Img button. Click it first, paste in your URL, then click the Img button again :mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts