Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Is my R6 cool like Phils?
297 Posts
then wear jeans... its not too hot trust me memphis weather is very hot and humid and i wear jeans... but i can see how it can be uncomfortable because the heat from the bike is pretty intense even with jeans on...

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
Yes, I too remember the FZR not running as hot. Heck, I think my Ducati Monster doesn't even run that hot....

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
My FZR 600 ran much cooler than my R6 does. It's just an R6 thing, they run hot, especially in hot areas. You can get better heat dissipation by flushing your rad and putting some fresh fluid in there, but it won't change the fact that the engine runs hot and the air cooling pattern directs hot air out towards your upper chins. It's just how it's designed. That said - it's 92 out today. I wore jeans.

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
R6.... Built for speed, not for comfort.

I wore shorts once (it was 115 outside). There was no hair left on my legs.

Now, Ill wear pants even if its 115...

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Think about it...

You're burning your legs in shorts...so if you wear jeans it'll shield your legs from that heat which wont be as hot. Just bring something to change into if you really want...otherwise theres nothin you can do about it

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
I would really like to see what everyone is talking about - with girls riding shorty shorts and stuff.

·
Registered
316 Posts
do you have pics? we need to know exactly where you put your legs and such, and will try to give suggestions. Try to wear the same gear that you normally wear on the beach (bikini).

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
You don't have to be d!?k, I have been riding for 20 years and I do not need anyone to tell me how or what I should ride!!!!!!
You asked why the heat from a track engineered race bike is burning your bare legs. I summon the brilliant Bill Engvall to bring closure to this thread...

·
Registered
192 Posts
this is pointless obviously your not going to listen to anyones advice.
jeans or leathers will make you warmer but will help you against the *scolding heat* r6 runs hot my friends runs extremely hot (no hair on his shin) its just going to happen if you want to get defensive cus people are pointing out something that will save your skin from the heat and from road rash then just ignore it, go out ride as you please dont wear gear and dont take anyones advice. just remember when you crash and we see your next post reading (today i got skin grafts) be sure to post pics :toocool:

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
Sucks this thread isn't worth replying too. I mean they DO sell the R6s for situations like this. Also, the VESPA is a good choice for driving half naked. Either way, lets bring it back to science.

Please post pictures of your seating position in your normal riding attire and we will research the effect. After careful studying of these pictures we will come up with the solution to rid you of this awful problem.

Thank you!!!!!

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
i like the heat, helps out on those 38 F days lol

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jeans and a bikini top would be sexier anyway :sing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts