Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got tire of having that check engine light in my tach shining like a moon. so i decided to remove the EXUP motor cables. first thing i notice was that the the exhaust was louder in the lower rpms. it would sound really deep just at idle. in higher rpm no change. the bike responds better to throttle. it doesnt hesitate anymore when i twist the throttle. the bike feels like it pulls harder all the way tru the rpm range. I DONT HAVE DINY CHARTS to prove this but it just feels better then stock. i would say that anybody with 06+ models do this mod.... thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i left everything in its place all i did was unhook the wires and its done. i will have pics later tonight. it runs and sounds better. Since i didnt disconnect the motor it doesnt give you a light. the cable still move but since they are not hooked it doesnt move the velve and no light.

·
Blue
51 Posts
You should only need to remove the 2 cables for the valve. When I installed my 2br slipon it was a piece of cake. The servo needs to stay installed so you don't get the chk eng lght.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does removing the valve effect the warranty? I bought the 4 year extended plan. I've been wanting to experiment.
it doesnt void your warranty because you are not removing anything and it is completely undoable. all you are doing is disconnecting the cables everything stays in the same place. no need to disconnec the servo. if you do you better have a PCIII or you will get a shining moon in your tach...

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
You can remove the cables completely and its very easy. And you still don't get the check engine light. You remove the servo motor but don't remove the servo plug and open the plastic cover out of the way and you'll see how to take out the cables and reinstall everything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok...this is an issue for me to. I person who rides w/ me said that when he removed his ex-up he noticed power decrease at low rpm's but not a whole lot of difference. Anyone else experienced this or know how to do a cheap quick fix?

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
I've just fitted a PC3 with O2 sensor & Full Arrow system. All I did was removed the cables and tied them back along with the stock O2 sensor, no lights and what a difference; it's like a completely new bike, happy days!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I'm sick of my check engine light being on too. I've adjusted the cables a few times and the light goes off for a little while but then come right back on again. I was thinking of disconnecting the EXUP today. Gonna get a full system soon but don't wanna spend the money on it yet. Anyone else do this and notice any negitive effects?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I'm sick of my check engine light being on too. I've adjusted the cables a few times and the light goes off for a little while but then come right back on again. I was thinking of disconnecting the EXUP today. Gonna get a full system soon but don't wanna spend the money on it yet. Anyone else do this and notice any negitive effects?
Bah, took the lil butterfly valve out the first time, tied the cables in an out of the way spot, then I bought a slip on, then I bought a full Akrapovic system I'm waiting to install now.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Bah, took the lil butterfly valve out the first time, tied the cables in an out of the way spot, then I bought a slip on, then I bought a full Akrapovic system I'm waiting to install now.
OK Thanks man. So you didn't notice any lagging at all?

BTW if you decide you don't want the full Akrapovic sys. i'll take it off your hands for you:D

·
Tires tell no lies
737 Posts
Soooooo, just an FYI. I came from riding a few different R1's with this same request. How to save $65 instead of buying the exup eliminator plug.

Here is the deal. You are making it a little more difficult than it needs to be. Here is what we have done on the R1, and I have done this on two R6's.

Install a 1/2 watt 10K-Ohm Resistor between the Red/White wire and Red/Black wires.

BAM! Thats it. Works great. I spent like $2 for a pack of 10 and have kept using them as I get different Yamahas. Give it a try. Remove the Exup motor, and connect the resistor in between the two wires described and no codes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts