Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'm working on a microcrontroler device for this ..

That will be a permanent fix for that ! ...

for now the schematics and logics are done .. have to build the software and do some test!

I've not received fault code 18 yet ... but i think i will get it sooner or later. so that's why i'm working on the other way to emulate the sensor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it should work ... but personally i don't like that way of doing things ...if you don't care about hooking up 12volts (even with the resistor) to your signal input of your ecu (5 volt max) ... go ahead

"normally" it should not spike to 12volt ... but if for whatever reason the ecu put 12 volt on the red wire long enough ... you will get 12 volt on input signal

and if the ecu see a voltage NEAR it's reference voltage (5Vdc), a fault code 17 (short circuit to Vref) will pop up .. in the other way .. if it put ground long enough ... you will get 0v on the signal . .. the ecu will again put a fault code 17 (Short circuit to ground)

so this fix WILL work ... and it should not pop up Fault code 18 ..

but if you're looking for a ROCK SOLID fix ! .. that's not the way to go ..give me some time .. i'm working on it this week ... should be okay soon ..and it'S not a 60$ fix...

btw the ecu if protected against short to ground and short to 5vdc ... you can run forever like that.... but put 12volts on it ... I really don't know .. and i don't want to know .. or give me your ecu i will test it ... but if your ecu get bricked in the test! not my trouble ;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
i made a EXUP eliminator similar to the graves one, here is a pic

i found the schematic on another forum and it works. i am not trying to take credit for making the schematic.

the circuit consists of 1 diode, 2 transistors, 2 512K resistors, 1 10K resistor and a 4.7uf capacitor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well if it work !

post the schematics ... it's not clear in the illustration ...

·
The One you love to hate
869 Posts
hey this looks simple...so where does the big yellow box go then?? can it be hidden behind the fairings? lol sorry had to be a smart ass...

·
Registered
197 Posts
what r the component? i'm no EE, cant really read the schematics.
is:
mup the motor + red wire
mdown the motor - black wire
2 512k resistors and 1 10k
1 47o uF capacitator

whats:
MMBF170LT1
vcc
out
vss?
Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
what r the component? i'm no EE, cant really read the schematics.
is:
mup the motor + red wire
mdown the motor - black wire
2 512k resistors and 1 10k
1 47o uF capacitator

whats:
MMBF170LT1
vcc
out
vss?
Thanks
vcc is +
output
vss is -

mmbf170lt1 is a part number for a type of transistor, you can get the kind you need at radio shack PN#276-2062

·
Registered
197 Posts
Model: MPF102 FET
Catalog #: 276-2062

Can you give me the color for the wires for the
vcc, output and the vss please?
Thanks

·
Former R6 owner
1,320 Posts
Damn...I thought this was going to be a simple process like unplugging something, but sheesh..all these geek talk got me not want to take 'em off after all haha j/k guys, I'm just not as microchip savvy as some of you guys are.

·
Registered
197 Posts
so i updated the bypass i made, cuz i got code 17 after several days.
here's the new diagram, so far so good

·
SomuraRacing
134 Posts
version 2 works as of 06/01/09, and i've travelled about... 60miles with no CEL still... so if anything happens, i'll keep you guys posted.

btw... if anyone is interested... here's how i did mine

i just gutted the stock servo box, replaced the cap with a real 2x2 twill CF panel that I made, and secured the inside wires / capacitors / resistors. It looks pretty cool on the bike without the lil black sack.

if anyone is interested... i could even do it for you if you send me your stock servo box. just pm me.

1 - 20 of 311 Posts