Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Vortex quick acceleration kit (I believe 1 down in the front, stock rear)

My chain is about a year old and I'm out of adjustment. I hear it's pretty taboo to pull links to tighten it up. I do lube my chain, but not regularly, and I drive in some shitty conditions. I do a lot of wheelies and stuff which I imagine could make a chain elongate faster. Am I safe to pull out a couple links? Money is tight... tuition :(

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,296 Posts
Dont do it....from the kinda riding you do your chain is shot...you dont want to run the risk of throwing a chain while on the freeway or anywhere for that matter. If it breaks while riding, you can either bust the bottom end case (serious $$$ right there), or worse have some serious injury to your leg...just my .02

·
Registered
308 Posts
I do a lot of wheelies and stuff which I imagine could make a chain elongate faster. (
wheelies =tight spots and increase chain wear. Also u went down 1 tooth for the front sprocket which increase where on the chians big time because the front sprocket is now shorter and sharper. If anything u should have just added a tooth in the rear and added a few links to the chain. It would last longer that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts