Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Hail to the King
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after work today I noticed a little problem in the tire. theres a tiny nail in my rear tire. still stock and they only have about 1800 miles on them. ahh what should I do?

tiny bastard.

:cuss

·
iRun
33,226 Posts
Stock tires are garbage anyway-- Just be glad you get new tires that much sooner.

·
iRun
33,226 Posts
Dude, just get a new SET of good tires. You have no idea how shitty the stockers are.

·
Stanly the Manly
931 Posts
Pitch the tire. Personally I couldn't enjoy w/ that in the back of my mind...

You can't plug (can't trust it) but an internal patch melded to the inside would be safe/dependable.
cause youve tried it, right? well i have, and I rode 2000 miles on it on the last half of my Alaska trip, and it worked flawlessly. 2 months later and it is still holding air (though Im not using it anymore). I would never track a plugged tire but thats it. Dont bring that 'cant plug' crap...

·
Premium Member
17,945 Posts
Pitch the tire. Personally I couldn't enjoy w/ that in the back of my mind...

You can't plug (can't trust it) but an internal patch melded to the inside would be safe/dependable.
Yes you can. Why do people think this.. Do people even understand the concept of a plug?

It's gonna gonna pop if it goes, it'll just go out slowly just like when the nail hit it....I rode over 3k miles on a tire before I switched it.

Find me one story of a guy that had an accident due to a plugged tire, I'll show you 20 that haven't.

·
Registered
15 Posts
cause youve tried it, right? well i have, and I rode 2000 miles on it on the last half of my Alaska trip, and it worked flawlessly. 2 months later and it is still holding air (though Im not using it anymore). I would never track a plugged tire but thats it. Dont bring that 'cant plug' crap...
Sure, I should have said "I sure wouldn't" b/c I'm of the opinion that it's just not worth it, even if only for peace of mind. Just best to pitch the tire. Relax fella, your tone suggests you'd try to punch someone out over tire talk...there's help for that kind of thing.

·
Stanly the Manly
931 Posts
Sure, I should have said "I sure wouldn't" b/c I'm of the opinion that it's just not worth it, even if only for peace of mind. Just best to pitch the tire. Relax fella, your tone suggests you'd try to punch someone out over tire talk...there's help for that kind of thing.
sry, i did come over a bit harsh. all im saying that they will last if done right. of course there is the peace of mind thing...

·
Hail to the King
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I appreciate the input guys, Im goin to call up my cousin tomorrow. He works at a bike shop so ill see if he can hook it up with a good set of tires. If not ill have to plug it until I get the cash for a new set. If I dont get new tires, how can I correctly plug it?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.