Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my girlfriends this morning, on the 6 obviously, and came upon some road work. I figured "Shouldn't be to bad, I'll ride through." Well, as I started riding, all I hear is rocks and shit peppering my bike. At this point I'm pretty pissed. I wasn't on the road long, but long enough for it to scratch my undertail and my BRAND NEW tail light. There is little dings everywhere. There was tar or some shit on my tires and rocks fcking everywhere. This is ridiculous. I hate road work!

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Just put bubble wrap on it next time

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Same here in NY. county workers paving a road (that didnt need to be paved to begin with) didnt put up signs saying they were paving. Came around a corner and hit wet/soft asphault. Has an inch of shit on my tires and had to pull over and scrap the shit off. Then got bitched at by the workers...

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my beautiful state of PA they take an ass load of money out of my pay check every two weeks and every road they did not pave last year they decided to oil and chip it. They decided this the month i bought my brand new white bike... Not a happy camper myself either..

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
where i'm living to i go through really rough construction daily. many pot holes, and mounds of gravel... i go slow.. and don't worry about the chips and shiz on my undertail. It's gonna happen here, so i got over it.

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same here in NY. county workers paving a road (that didnt need to be paved to begin with) didnt put up signs saying they were paving. Came around a corner and hit wet/soft asphault. Has an inch of shit on my tires and had to pull over and scrap the shit off. Then got bitched at by the workers...
Same here man. I mean there was so much shit on my tires that I had to pick off. It sucked ass.

·
Registered
875 Posts
That sucks! I know what you mean man. WV DOH does not take the time to do a good job on the roads.

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
so you went through road construction and are mad that the roads weren't in pristine condition? sounds about right

·
Registered
561 Posts
that sucks man. it's like that in chicago too, but the thing i hate the most is when it's the rough grooved surfaces that steer the bike around all over the place

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so you went through road construction and are mad that the roads weren't in pristine condition? sounds about right
Uh, I never said that. Re-read the post. I was pissed because of all the stuff on my tires and how it dinged up my undertail and tail light.

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that sucks man. it's like that in chicago too, but the thing i hate the most is when it's the rough grooved surfaces that steer the bike around all over the place
Yeah that happened a few days ago. Scares the shit out of me because you have no idea what's going to happen next.

·
Registered
310 Posts
they have been doing that fresh oil and loose gravel thing on a lot of the roads around me, no idea the point of it other than pissing me off

1 - 19 of 19 Posts