Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a custom header from a 07 R6S that I made into a header for the 06-08 R6. I already mounted it and rode with it for a couple hundred miles; but it is too loud for me...and my neighbors at 5AM. I am selling it with my C/F GYT-R slip-on. Currently the pictures show the stock exhaust. This is because with the GYTR pipie it is really loud. Maybe not for some, but for me it is. I commute everyday 25 miles one way and by the time I get home my ears are ringing. I have had a lot of complements on this pipe; especially in the mountains and trackdays; but that doesnt balance out the everyday riding... So i am selling it. I am asking $400. I also have more pics if requested.
It has the O2 Bung and also a hanger utilizing the OEM mount points and hardware.

this will give you an idea. i have more pictures if you want.

notice hanger and O2 Sensor Bung

Aligns perfectly to the OEM Mount

Collectors

View From Left Side Far

Mid Pipe Mount/Hanger

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
So that header does not have any cat converter and is str8 thru? Like the MJS Performance Header??

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, straight through, fully welded...but better than MJS becuase it will flow better because of the OEM bends.

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OVerall appearance doesnt look very good... MJS looks way better
sure it does :BS, the straight pipe and bends on MJS are not better than this one... the MJS is made from OEM just like this one, except this one has OEM bends. so how could it look better? paint ya sure, go to store by hi temp paint for $5 and be done. only reason i didnt becuase it takes 5-7 days for paint to cure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you saying with the GYTR it is too loud? Do you have the stock silencer on there with the '07 R6S header? If so, is it quieter?

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
Do you have a Pc3??? If not how does it run without? I am offering $300 that is only if you include the GTYR slip on. $75 without. Let me know what you'll take.

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
And before you get "this is worth more than that" on me This is where i came up with the price. 250 BRAND NEW for a cf gytr. so firgure used, i can get for 210-225. Then i can get that exhaust manifold on ebay for no more than $50. and figure about a day of tinckering to get it to fit. I came up with no more than 80$ for the manifold. $300 is fair. $500 is thinking someone doesn't have internet access to see how much you paid for the stuff. Not being a jerk, just don't want you to think i am low ballin you.

Proof:
manifold
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06-R6-R6-S-STOCK-HEADER-EXHAUST-SYSTEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35596QQihZ015QQitemZ250252835535QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Exhaust
http://www.tobefast.com/exhausts-orderby-up-c-54236-p-2.html

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
look if you want it or interested then great.

if not,
dont post and waste my time.

KevNev-
I have the stock silencer on there now. the GYTR is louder.

Rocket-
I had it w/o PC, didnt like it, ran rough. now with PC is it great.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts