Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
F/S 2012 50th Anniversary Edition R6 $8500

Whats up everyone, I have a 2012 R6 for sale with only 896 miles on it. The bike is pretty much brand new. The only thing that is wrong with it is a small smudge on the tail decal, u can see it in the pics. I am looking to get $8,500 for the bike, there is a lien on the bike.

Here is a list of all the mods the bike has:

- Stahlbus oil drain valve
- Galfer SS brake lines( from group buy here)
- Zero Gravity windscreen
- Motodynamic smoked tail light
- M4 Street Slayer exhaust with muffler delete Y pipe

NEW PRICE $8500

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I cant believe there is nobody interested in this awesome machine. I see alot of people saying that they can get a new one out the door for this price, i get it. My bike has under 1000k on it and it is pretty loaded up with after mark parts by the vendors on this site. What do you guys think is a good price for the bike. And if the lien scares you then lets talk about it, if some one is serious and has cash i will cut a check to the finance company and have the title in hand.

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
My suggestion is take the PCV with auto tune out, levers off, and turn the bike back to stock. Sell the parts separate. All the aftermarket parts you pay for, you won't get your money back selling it on the bike, only way is to sell the aftermarket stuff separate, then lower the price of the bike to the actual cost of a 2012 bike with 900 miles. I can go to the dealership and get a brand new 2012 from a previous year that hasn't sold and get it for 9k flat or less. It'll have less miles and you will know it's in good shape.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input everybody. I guess i will be stripping the bike down and selling aftermarket parts. I have to spend some time figuring out what stuff is worth and if i want to go through the hassle of removing some of the parts.

Here is what the bike has now

: M4 Street Slayer
: BMC Air Filter
: Galfer SS Brake lines
: Stahlbus Oil Drain Kit
: Motodynamic Tail Light

So with that said i will bring the bike down to $8500

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
I dont know if anyone cares about the KBB. In my case going upto 7800$ I would jump and buy the new for 9500$ atleast I will be the first owner. I really like this color scheme, its really cool, also R6 havent changed since ages I think ppl are looking for a updated R6 I mean 5 years same model, same shape and only colors change.

I was in the process of saving for a S1000RR but since the 2weeks I saw this bike at the dealer for 9500$ clearance sale am so confused whether to buy it now (avoid spending another 10k$ ) or just wait till next season and just get the S1000RR.
I would steer clear of the R6 and hold out for a S1000RR if I were you.
1: R6 is more of a starter bike :fact
2: Everyone has an R6 unlike the S1000RR :fact
3: S1000RR is a measure of your success in life. :fact
4: S1000RR makes your penis feel bigger. :piss

Lets face it, BMW S1000RR/ and the HP4 is a german beast, its expensive and not anyone who doesn't have a stable job or income can own one. The people who see it always get jealous. If you have a S1KRR you already have made your entry with a bold statement. You dont have to be a track racer to own one, well how many of us live near a race track? and how many really have the time to go to the track? a few!!!

Living in Dubai, UAE for the last 10years with a decent job and no tax life I was lucky to own a S1KRR. I have never considered a japanisi bike to be even a worth comparison to the german work of art. Asymmetry itself is the beauty of this beast. I am not a track rider but a street rider and I really need a powerful bike to keep up with the 120kmph standard traffic speed in Dubai, occasionally faster than that where 140kmph is legal.

Here are few pics of my bike ..

On the otherhand the R6 is a standard sportsbike, anyone can own it, it doesnt make any statement because its so common and only 2 in a hundred dont have one. Its a great starter bike, you start on it but you dont live with it for the rest of your life, you move on to higher levels. Its the Cessna of the sportsbikes. While the S1KRR is the F18 Hornet

In my humble opinion, if you have been riding R6 for a while and you can control it, you are familiar with your locality where you live, you are sure there are no thieves around and you want to be seen as successful in life as you are and you want the personal satisfaction of your achievements in life, without a doubt the S1KRR is the bike you need don't think twice, go get your BMW today...sell your R6 so someone else can learn to become a rider like you did.
:rolleyes:

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Where at in Jersey are you?

·
One Day At A Time
241 Posts
KBB Retail value says $7,855 for this bike and I always feel that for a quick sale a bike should be a couple hundred less that KBB's retail

KBB does not offer any info on the value of this bike, just wondering how did you come up with these numbers?

·
334 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts