Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well kinda! haha i just took the stock can and the exup cables off to get a little more sound so i went to autozone and bought a 1 3/4" turndown and shortened it and grinded down the welds and painted it with engine enamel. it looks pretty nice in my opinion....just something to get me by till i get enough cash to get a full sys. lol so tell me what yall think???

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it sounds a little louder than stock and a little deeper. cruising at like 6k rpm its shweet! i mean hell! u cant beat it for free lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yea you should send me a PM of how you did all of it, I would like to do something like that until I get enough $$$$ to do a full system or at least a midpipe.

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im new to all this..how would i pm u something? i could just put it on youtube and send u the link?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why didn't you cut your cat out put a mid pipe in then your tail pipe, lightns the bike and I guess gives it a better sound( just read it on another page thinking about doing it to mine

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why didn't you cut your cat out put a mid pipe in then your tail pipe, lightns the bike and I guess gives it a better sound( just read it on another page thinking about doing it to mine
well RedRiverRider i havent had the bike but a week and if i put a midpipe on it my warranty would cover nothing, so im waiting till i can get a full system instead of something f***ing up and me having to pay a few g's for some work. full system soon tho!! lol

·
Registered
917 Posts
well RedRiverRider i havent had the bike but a week and if i put a midpipe on it my warranty would cover nothing, so im waiting till i can get a full system instead of something f***ing up and me having to pay a few g's for some work. full system soon tho!! lol
so what your saying is that doing a midpipe voids the warranty but a full system doesnt? Thats news to me I didnt know that, I assumed that a midpipe might void your warranty but if anything when wrong on the bike I'd just buy a header on ebay for like 80 bucks before I would take it in.

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea the dealership said yamaha is weird, maybe its just where i got mine from. but i want a full system anyway and this is good enough until then

1 - 20 of 24 Posts