Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Sometimes..........
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... My bike has officially been wrecked.

Long story short.... I let a buddy borrow my bike while he finished fixing his leaky fuel tank on his zx.... Kid is in college and I know how it is to be on a tight budget.... Especially when your only way of transportation is out of commission.

Yesterday.....he called me and informed me that he rear ended a BMW.....

But the worst part.....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Sherwin Antagonist
1,475 Posts
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sorry to here about the bike. That blows. At least it seems like youre taking it with good spirits :laugh

·
Sometimes..........
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sorry to here about the bike. That blows. At least it seems like youre taking it with good spirits :laugh

Meh, even If I did blow up on the kid, it ain't gunna bring my bike back.

Plus, it's somewhat on me for letting him borrow the bike. It would be nice if I wrecked my own bike but then again, shit happens.

·
Sherwin Antagonist
1,475 Posts
Meh, even If I did blow up on the kid, it ain't gunna bring my bike back.

Plus, it's somewhat on me for letting him borrow the bike. It would be nice if I wrecked my own bike but then again, shit happens.

This is true. Weren't you going full track duty anyway? I guess now would be the perfect time to do so.

·
Sometimes..........
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
scared of big tracks
8,491 Posts
Ouch. He should be lucky to have as good a friend and you seem to be. Most people will not let others borrow a bike. I let a buddy ride mine for a whole summer and all the people at work kept saying he's full of poo when he said it wasn't his and that a friend let him borrow it.

·
Sometimes..........
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch. He should be lucky to have as good a friend and you seem to be. Most people will not let others borrow a bike. I let a buddy ride mine for a whole summer and all the people at work kept saying he's full of poo when he said it wasn't his and that a friend let him borrow it.

Lol

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
oh shit.. that sucks. sorry to hear that bro. nothing worst than having your ish fcukd up by someone else and you have to pay for the damage.

·
Hello
527 Posts
That is unfortunate and im sorry for your loss. I hope your friend isn't hurt. I have a question for this circumstance...Im sure you had insurance, but someone other than you (the insured) was operating your bike...does your insurance pay for any damages? I ask this because MY insurance provider wants the name of anyone and everyone who would operate any of my vehicles on my policy. And of course the price goes up for each additional driver depending on their driver history...

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:thumbdown that sucks. He's gonna pay for damages?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Damn that sucks. On the plus side the forks look straight. That's an expensive fix if your insurance isn't going to cover it.

·
Sometimes..........
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In California.... Insurance follows the vehicle, not driver.... So my insurance will be taking care if the bill per-se but my insurance will be going up.

Either way..... If they total the bike.... I'll be buying the bike back and charging him for all damages..... If the insurance company cuts me a check to fix my bike.... I'm still charging him half the repair damages..... He knows he's not getting away without facing the consequence of his actions.

·
Sometimes..........
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
didn't read it all - is his insurance going to pay for it?

Nope.

My insurance will take care of it..... Which means MY insurance will be going up.

Adjuster called me today.... He bluntly offered to cut me a check for a total loss... Lol.

I said no, that I wanted to see all my options on the table first. Taking the bike to the local shop today to get an estimate.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts