Somebody please help me!
want to get this done tonight, i searched past threads
and how to pics, still nothing

somebody hep me!
Manoah

Well, never mind, bullshit facking retarded mother fackers
:comp :comp :comp :comp :comp :comp :comp
soooooo facking mad! shoulda told the wife to get the
greggs!!!!! god damn stupid mother fack!
dont buy lockhart phillips flushies!!!!!!!! im soo mad i cant
even think straight! the only way i think itll fit now is if i cut
the air box (*** that chit)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Someone here can direct this lad to the wiring diagram hopefully? Service manual? I think its in there dude... PM me if no one gives you a quick shout on what is what.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I feel your pain, Bro. I had the same troubles when I installed a digital tach on my Ducati. The problem is that the color codes vary from manufacturer to manufaturer!! :cuss I do know this much: When it comes to Yamaha, brown is positive, black is ground. If you look in the back of most owner's manuals there is a schematic diagram. I hope that helps. :roll:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i finished wiring up the right side, when i found to my dismay, the left side has different colors :cuss so then i was like, **** it, ill put the right side back together and deal with the left later on. aparantly the flushies that the moto shop recomended to my wife stick out to far on the inside and run into the air box (there is an indent, but not deep enough) so now tomorrow when i get home i either gotta mod the flushies, or buy a new right side fender cause i cut the shit outta it :cuss . dunno what to do yet, i still like the way the flushies look though. shit im still mad about that.

Manoah

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
NoLegs said:
A $5 analog multimeter from Radio Shack would tell you what you want to know.
i didnt know radio shack had a multimeter that cheap.

a simple 12 volt test light would have been enough to find out this wiring problem. but a multimeter does wonders.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
NoLegs said:
stoneloco808 said:
i didnt know radio shack had a multimeter that cheap.
You focused on the wrong part of the message BUT I meant to type $15, I believe that is the cheapest one.
i wrench for a living and i spent way more than that on my multimeter. i spent over $6k for a modis system from snap-on. i know the price sounds ridiculous but its more than just a digital multimeter, its also a diagnostic scanner for obd1 and obd2, 4 channel color graphic meter/lab scope, and a shit load of diagnostic troubleshooting info stored in it. it saves time from going to the shops desk top pc for information. for me its not just a multimeter its a money maker. for home use i just have another snap-on multimeter called the vantage, it got demoted to home use since i got the modis.

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
i wrench for a living and i spent way more than that on my multimeter.
Good for you. I'm an electronic technician and the guy doesn't need to go out and buy a top of the line Fluke to troubleshoot a wiring problem that a $15 meter from Radio Shack can do. My only point was that he could pick up a cheap little tool to help him out, that's it.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the idea fellas,
ive got a digital multy thingy, but i left the book
that tells me how to work it at home in California
:roll: Its got so many little switches and stuff writen
in spanish or alien symbols, i absolutly hate electronic
problems! i figured out the right side wires, now my big
problem is trying to make room for them without cutting
my airbox.

Manoah

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
NoLegs said:
A $5 analog multimeter from Radio Shack would tell you what you want to know. I'm guess you don't have one at all, but it's a handy tool to have whenever wiring is involved.
It's the 1st thing that I pull out when dealing with any wiring... Even if I have the color codes I'm going to test each wire... 10 minutes of testing can save you big $ if someone wired the wiring harnes wrong...

·
Registered
157 Posts
green is signal line positive. blue is running light. brown is signal line positive for other side. I just rewired Watsen LEDs, so I know. I snipped the blue line on both sides, but there were green/brown wires for the regular signal. good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts