Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone heard of this I saw big deezuls site for powercommander maps and someone had it on their bike but I cant find it on their site
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,156 Posts
ya, its not listed for some reason. you can email them about it probably but powercommander should be coming out with an add on module for the PCIII sometime this fall so if you can wait until then, you can adjust your timing at different points in your delivery curve instead of just advancing it +4 across the board. 6 of one, a half dozen of the other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Go to the FactoryPro.com and at that page look at the upper left corner and it says "Find you Motorcycle Parts" click on that and of course find the R6 and click on it and it should be toward the bottom.

The ignition advancer is something I am going to do also, but I hear DynoJet is coming out with being able to do this thru the PCIII, and not have to actually install something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys I think ill w8 fot the dydnojet tho thanks for telling me about it
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,021 Posts
i think im going to wait for the powercommander thing to come out. im not in any hurry to get a timing advancer yet anyways :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,156 Posts
http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prody80.html

is the page with the rotor on it. what bothers me with it is this......

Ignition Advance Rotor.
+4 degrees advance adds power at ALL part throttle positions.
That equates to more "snap" in throttle response for you! Makes full throttle, 1st gear, when properly jetted, silly. (as if it wasn't already....)

Most bikes will gain 1-2hp at full throttle at various rpms when measured on the Low Inertia EC997 Eddy Current Dynamometer and when ridden in the real world.

MUST DO - Picks up some of the power that is lost at low rpm / full throttle when the "EXUP" system is removed.

Maximum benefit is gained with a properly tuned FI bike.


I hope this is a blanket statement that covers all the incarnations of this Ignition Advance Rotor cuz I wasn't aware 03+ R6's could be jetted (since they are FI) and I have yet to see an R6 with en EXUP valve, but then again, I miss alot of shit thats right in front of me. Of course they end with the "maximum benefit is gained with a properly tuned FI bike"...well, I hope so since 03+ bikes are FI!

I think I'll wait until the PC module comes out. I'd rather keep it digital than mechanical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just emailed dynojet to see if they were really coming out with this feature and when. where did you guys find out about this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,156 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
I just called Factory the other day when i ordered mine.

I just figured shit.....for $45 and an easy install, i'll try it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
I'm not tryin to steal this post, but it was brought up and i have a question about it...What is that "accelpump"? I've read about on the PC site but was still confused about. What does it do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I'm definitely not an expert, but have had some experience with my 03 R6 and power commanders. I wouldn't be in a rush to advance your ignition, I bought mine in Jan. 03, dynojet didn't come out publicly with the pclll for it until April 1rst 2003, I was racing with Libasci Racing (Jaime Stauffer, James Mann, and myself), we couldn't wait til then because of the Daytona race in March, so we and even the factory R6's had modified R1 pclllr on our bikes, anyways I have a supersport legal motor in my bike and the ignition is actually retarded -2 deg and picks up 2 horsepower throughout on the Dynojet dyno at the AMA races. So advancing isn't always the answer. Just my 2 cents.
Tim Knutson
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
KRS said:
I'm definitely not an expert, but have had some experience with my 03 R6 and power commanders. I wouldn't be in a rush to advance your ignition, I bought mine in Jan. 03, dynojet didn't come out publicly with the pclll for it until April 1rst 2003, I was racing with Libasci Racing (Jaime Stauffer, James Mann, and myself), we couldn't wait til then because of the Daytona race in March, so we and even the factory R6's had modified R1 pclllr on our bikes, anyways I have a supersport legal motor in my bike and the ignition is actually retarded -2 deg and picks up 2 horsepower throughout on the Dynojet dyno at the AMA races. So advancing isn't always the answer. Just my 2 cents.
Tim Knutson
Is that with race fuel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,552 Posts
newR6rider said:
I'm not tryin to steal this post, but it was brought up and i have a question about it...What is that "accelpump"? I've read about on the PC site but was still confused about. What does it do?
Basically it shoots some extra fuel in the motor to compensate for the extra rush of air when you whack the throttle open.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Thanx maniac...Does anyone here use one? How do u like it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
newR6rider said:
Thanx maniac...Does anyone here use one? How do u like it?
I'm running it. Hard to say if it was the accel pump, but with mods and map my bike had great response when I wacked the throtle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Do you also use an ignition advancer or no? Would the two mods "clash" with each other, or would they "boost" each other? Just lookin to mod my 6 in a + way for more torque & hp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Yes that was with the +4 advancer installed, full hindle race, v-stacks and custom map. The bike was a beast! Like I said it is hard to say what helped and what didn't. Everything together worked very well. I couldn't have been happier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Where can I get some v-stacks for a good price? Is one brand better then the other or what?
 

·
flyin' hawaiian
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
rez0469 said:
Where can I get some v-stacks for a good price? Is one brand better then the other or what?
what is a good price? factorypro.com and gravessports.com have them. its about $100.

factory pro just came out with new 2 piece design which is supposed to flow better than the 1 piece design. i am running the 1 piece design. im just waiting on some dyno figures to come up for the new design.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top