Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry if the question sounds dumb but i really like the style of the 06-07 plastics. I have an 04 r6 is there any way to mod the 06 - 07 style to my 04? If nothing else, I would at least want the tail off the 06 - 07. would it be to complicated for a person with mediocre mechanical skills to do.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Tail, maybe. Everything else, doubtful. Good luck trying though. Post some pics of the carnage if you do attempt it.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
if you've got a lot of time, money, and beer then yes...if not then i'm gonna go with a no

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
i talked with my friend whos a mechanic and works on yamahas all day and he said that NO you cannot do that. nothing will line up or convert. plus by the time you do all that why not just buy that model bike? i wanted to do this for my bike also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. It looks like a no. when I bought my bike in 04 i was kind of going back and forth from r6 to r1. The tail on the r1 is what kept me going back and forth but I did not feel that I was ready for that much of a bike and decided to go with the r6. Then the 06 came out and I was pissed because the bike was smokin but did not have the funds and still don't to go after one. O-well Thanks

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Anything is possible. :dunce:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts