Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting my feet wet on the track. I have a 2005 R6 that is fully stock and in mint condition. I want to preserve my plastic just in case I fall on the track. Looking on ebay, I found some full plastics for about $520 - $700. Is this a good price?

I don't care for fansy artwork, all black/blue/white is fine by me. I will take off my OEM blue and store it while using the bike on the track. Are there any other vendors that sell good aftermarket plastic cheaper or in pieces? I wouldn't want to have to buy full set if i trash only one side.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Race fairings don't come in sides, they come in upper and lower halves. Just so you know. The cheapest I can find that are decent quality usually seem to run $350-400 for basic stuff that needs to be drilled, finished, etc. If you want the absolute best quality, then Sharkskinz is the only way to go, but you'd better be ready to pay for them. They aren't cheap. But, if you're just wanting to do some trackdays and you're not worried about absolute quality, then you can search eBay for R6 Race bodywork and find sets from $200 plus shipping.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
Also, check e-racing. They are going out of business and getting rid of their inventory. Complete set for an 05 is around $350.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Also, check e-racing. They are going out of business and getting rid of their inventory. Complete set for an 05 is around $350.
Wow i'm a dumbass :dunce:never mind the question i asked in my last post. Guess i didn't fully read your post Dan. Good to know, I heard people are pretty happy with their product

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
Wow i'm a dumbass :dunce:never mind the question i asked in my last post. Guess i didn't fully read your post Dan. Good to know, I heard people are pretty happy with their product
I have a set for my R1 for trackdays, and I'm going to be putting together a trackday/race 05 R6. So I've been watching it. Once I figure out which one I want (stock seat or foam pad) I'll order a set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts