Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where i can get for my 2002 R6 a set of Camel Racing Rossi Replica fairing for my bike all ready painted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did u get them on ebay because i didnt see any at calicarsandbikes ???
No I got them from Calicarsandbikes. Yeah they dont show on website but i emailed them to see if they can get them and they had them allready. They sent me a picture and i ordered that day. All I got to do is paint the tank. It was $1000 but i think it is well worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I will post some pictures should have them on end of month. Do any of u know where i could get or call for the paint code for the yellow. calicarsandbikes wouldnt give it to me for some reason. And also i see people have the yellow around outside of them rims with these bikes. did they have these painted or is there a kit u can buy to do it. thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah I will post some pictures should have them on end of month. Do any of u know where i could get or call for the paint code for the yellow. calicarsandbikes wouldnt give it to me for some reason. And also i see people have the yellow around outside of them rims with these bikes. did they have these painted or is there a kit u can buy to do it. thanks

Still wating for an udate on those fairings.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still wating for an udate on those fairings.....
What kind of update u want. I am waiting on them. takes 15 days from when i ordered to get them. they said be in 23rd or 25th of this month. If anybody knows where to get the color code for the yellow and blue

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sorry, it seems that I skipped over the post you made that you got them for $1K. Thats kind of what I was looking for because I havent priced a set yet. I do know that Calicarsandbikes will paint just about anything you want regardless of whats on their website. I am also interested in the fitment when you get them. So....when you do get them and get them on....I personally would appreciate some pics and maybe some details on the install.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, it seems that I skipped over the post you made that you got them for $1K. Thats kind of what I was looking for because I havent priced a set yet. I do know that Calicarsandbikes will paint just about anything you want regardless of whats on their website. I am also interested in the fitment when you get them. So....when you do get them and get them on....I personally would appreciate some pics and maybe some details on the install.

Yeah hopefully they are not to bad to fit. Yeah i will post some pictures and tell how it goes with putting them on. Only thing i am worried about is the color matching i have to do for the gas tank and the bottom of the back fairing. I cant find the color code anywhere what they use for the M1

·
Registered
448 Posts
You might want to call some auto paint stores in your area. I understand that there are computerizd "color-meters" that can determine the proper paint mixture for a given color. You just take a sample of the color up there, as on a piece of your plastics. They put it up to the color meter and it prints out a color match.

I know for a fact that they have these for latex paint at home stores and I am pretty sure they have them at some body shops. Im just assuming that you can locate an auto paint store that does custom colors that can do the same thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You might want to call some auto paint stores in your area. I understand that there are computerizd "color-meters" that can determine the proper paint mixture for a given color. You just take a sample of the color up there, as on a piece of your plastics. They put it up to the color meter and it prints out a color match.

I know for a fact that they have these for latex paint at home stores and I am pretty sure they have them at some body shops. Im just assuming that you can locate an auto paint store that does custom colors that can do the same thing.
Yeah my bodyguy is real good he has one of the computer to scan the paint i was just trying to get it now so i can have them painted before they get here. But yeah that seems like what i am going to have to do is wait.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey a $1000 is really high and the fairings from cailcarsandbikes arent that good they dont fit right at alll i have a website that has them for 780http://www.nicecycle.com/

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
hey a $1000 is really high and the fairings from cailcarsandbikes arent that good they dont fit right at alll i have a website that has them for 780http://www.nicecycle.com/
$780.00 ??

When I checked for an 07 R6 I found them all listed at $939.00...

NM, I see OP was looking for an 02 R6 and those are listed at $789.00...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts