Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

so i went down in april and didnt think this could be fixed. it snapped both of the tabs off the right side but i still have both of them. the break on the fairing stay seems to be pretty clean too

recently i've had a couple of people tell me that i could have this fixed instead of buying a whole new headlight and stay. id never heard of jb weld before a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if it would be enough to repair the stay and put the tabs back in the headlight? theres a body shop down the street i could take it to and have it professionally welded, but would prefer not to spend the money since i just paid for new tires and a track day.

thoughts?

·
Registered
248 Posts
It works for a little bit. The previous owner of my bike pointed out that he did this and then added 2 FLat brackets and screwed them in as well ... My shit is still all loose but good enough to hold on. THEN JB WELD HS THUS BROKEN AND IT IS JUST BEING HELD BY THE BRACKETS ...

·
Registered
135 Posts
i bought my bike and had the same problem but I didnt had the two broken pieces. I took it to a blacksmith and he welded the two missing pieces I can attach some pics of it tomorrow, I dont have the bike here right now, my brother took it yesterday. I getting the bike tomorrow i can remove the fairing take some pics of it you copy them and take it to a welder so he can do the same to you.

but if you have the broken pieces just take it to the welder and done!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts