Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got back into the whole riding scene and i was just wondering what are pplz thoughts about your leathers matching your bike color. Right now i have the 02' Red/Blk/Wht R6, i have a red alpinestars venom jacket and i usually ride with my suomy bayliss spec1r. i was going to pick up another leather jacket, and i sorta wanted it to be the yamaha one. however it's blue of course, would i look retarded if i didn't match or would i look too boring if i did?

·
Registered
373 Posts
go with whatever you want man. to me looks ain't a thing. leathers are leathers and they're gunna protect your ass whether they're blue or red. it does look pimp when you color coordinate tho :hammer

just don't get pink leathers... then maybe you'll look a little fruity.... jk
:cuss

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a silver 04 and i sport a red/black/white alpinestars stunt jacket...i think the mismatched coloring looks better but that's just my opinion :boob

·
Registered
261 Posts
In my opinion i would match the jacket to the bike cuz it looks hot but getting a crazy looking helmet that doesnt match looks even hotter.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Here's my take.
Matching is alright, as long as it's not overboard.
BUT if you already have leathers, I wouldn't go as far as buying a new one just so it matches. If you're buying new ones anyway, or you don't have any yet, I would try to make them at least go together somewhat.

My leathers are green and black, my bike is silver and black, and one of my helmets is orange and black. (I look like a fucking fiesta)

I also have my silver jacket, and silver helmet. Depends on what kind of riding I'm doing as to what I wear I guess.

·
Registered
281 Posts
DreR6 said:
In my opinion i would match the jacket to the bike cuz it looks hot but getting a crazy looking helmet that doesnt match looks even hotter.
i'm with dre, my alpine stars gear matches my bike somewhat but my helmet is pretty far off. i look badass enough for a ******* in a truck to call me a pussy :mrgreen: i'd show pics but i have none...

but having the gear and wearing it is more important than what it looks like :gas

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree with you on that one. it's just that, as you all know yamaha is blue, i thought about sportin the yamaha jacket. i don't really feel like spending that much to get my bike changed to blue. i swear, yamaha should come out with a silver and black jacket or somethin. then i wouldn't have to worry about matching. silver and black are pretty neutral. but that yamaha blue on my red, i think would look weird. i guess no yamaha jacket for me

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i dont worry about matching my leathers and helmet to my bike. for me its not a fashion show. most of my leather is either black or black with silver/gray and a black arai hayden helmet. i ride the '03 black w/red flames. i cant see myself buying another set of leathers and helmet after i paint my bike. thats almost $2000 that could have gone to something else like a down payment on an R1.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol, nice to see you even know what that show is. it's just a post for peoples' opinion, it's not a fashion show. cause you all know, when someone pulls up people comment....just wanted to know the comments

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
OutlawDCustoMsR6 said:
cause you all know, when someone pulls up people comment.....
who gives a $hit what they say if your leathers dont match your bike. now if you have a candy pink bike with the "gucci" pattern on the paint with the matching "gucci" seat covers and cant ride because your leathers are blue and white. and you think that you cant be seen in public with out the matching gear, then its your loss. believe me i know a few guys with the "gucci" overlay pattern on there bikes. one of them is a candy pink R1 with that "gucci" $hit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
right now i match blue jacket iwth blue and white helmet but im getting tired of that. so im getting the Astar stunt jacket in blue and the suomy spec 1 goorbergh race replica helmet. The helmet is thier to mess with colors up a bit :hammer

·
Registered
33 Posts
TexasR6 said:
I look like a fucking fiesta
:mrgreen: Like that one.
Well I guess I look like a fiesta too, whit my silver/black bike. Purple/black/yellow lethers and ... well a hole lot of colors helmet.
It dosent bother me must, but I think that its looks cool if it matches.

·
Registered
26 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
The funny thing about this picture is not the Honda bike/Yamaha leathers, but the fact that he has tennis sneakers on! Good way to get your foot tore off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow, that looks like just a jersey to me, not even leather jacket. that's pretty nuts. anyways i think i'll be changing to yamaha blue now, i wrecked my 6 on the freeway saturday night. i'll be needing the left side, the rear, front cowl, and the tank; so i might as well change it now if i want. if you're in houston, NEVER TAKE THAT 59 to 610 exit ramp coming out of downtown and push it. it was usually a clean ramp, and i took it @ 115 before, but no no on sat night it had rocks and sand, it wasn't just me it was 3 other bikes, but the bike i feel sorry for was my friends champion R6 ouch that fawker is all jacked up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts