Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MITICO
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello one and all, this isn't for an R6 but could use your opinions. Starting to build a track bike this winter and have a few sponsors to throw on the bike for the days I'll be out there. Which will be most cost effective? Having SOME sort of paint scheme done w/ actual paint (obviously no air brushing or incredible detail) with decals layered and then everything clear coated, OR having fairings & tank wrapped? I'm not too familiar with the pricing on either route, so I'd love to hear what you all might have to say about it :nocontrol

·
Registered
337 Posts
I checked into getting a bike wraped about 2 years ago it was going to cost around $1,000. Here is one website (BIKESKINZ) I was looking at buying and trying to install myself.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Wraps are a bit cheaper than a paint job on your bike. However, if you really want a detailed custom paint job on your bike that can be rather spendy. The cost of the wraps really doesn't change much. There are lots of places that sell wraps and have "How-To" videos on how to apply the vinyl to your bike. You actually use a torch to heat and re-heat the vinyl.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Damn man, 1k? Looks like it's time for rattle can & ebay decals, fml
It was for a TL1000R. I ended up painting the bike myself. Used Dupont paint and it only cost me around $100 for the paint. I already had a spraygun and air compressor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts