Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CUT the CORNER....
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after major lay down few years back I bought a kit online and it WAS GARBAGE !!

Does anyone know of GOOD place to get a GOOD kit... I don't mind paying more...but DON'T want to spend $350+ to get the same TERRIBLE result
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber Bicycle part Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber Bicycle part

·
Administrator
208 Posts
OEM works best!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's my track bike... 3 year old fairings from Aucmarts with costume paint scheme, the paint really doesn't matter to me, what matters is that they´re holding. No broken tabs , no paint chips , no different colors, no yellow´s etc.. to be fair, they´re pretty good. I'm pretty worried about my bikes though, and I clean and wax them a lot. I'm from Portugal, and our sun/heat is insane on the summer , if they´re holding for me, they should hold for you. They´re just a lil bit stiffer then OEM when installing. The design I did was pretty hard for them to paint, not mismatch the lines, but they did a really good job. I would rate them 8/10 , if not higher. I´ve always heard that MonsterFairings or Aucmarts are the best. I would actually buy again from Aucmarts if I ever need fairings for my R6, so I'm happy.

·
CUT the CORNER....
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for taken a minute to reply but I need specific suggestions... the kit I did bought wasn't cheep to me, it wasted like $375.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Quality seemed to be comparable to what I bought but the customer service was non-existent.
https://www.amazon.com/shops/AFORR83SZ6OT1?ref_=v_sp_storefront
They call their outlet, "smilemoto".
Some of the following details may be a little off.
March of this year I bought a set. It was supposed to take like a month or longer but to my suprise, arrived in like two weeks.
Let it sit around for a week until I could get to it. Pulled the bike into the garage, ready to get busy.
Box had a bunch of red tape on it. It had been resealed.
Contents looked like it had been rifled through; not carefully repacked as it should've.
EVERY last panel had really bad scratches on them.
Messaged seller, letting them know that Customs had got in it, didn't repack it properly and screwed up the content.
I wanted to do an exchange. Send prepaid RMA. Waited a week. Messaged again. Waited another week.
So having had the package three weeks, I asked for a prepaid return.
Then is when I saw an old missed message that simply saying to call them.
Calling leaves no documentation of any said agreements, so I wouldn't have done that anyway.
They sent an RMA but shipping wasn't prepaid.
Sent yet another message letting them know that the situation isn't my fault; send a prepaid shipping return label.
Nothing.
So having had it over a month, I went ahead and paid for return shipping... well over $100 was UPS's cheapest with signed delivery confirmation.
They got it in a week. They acknowledged receipt. Then is when I sent a photo copy of the receipt asking for reimbursement.
Week later, nothing.
So in the end, I contacted Amazon and it was AMAZON who reimbursed me in a matter of minutes.
Amazon proved themselves that weekend afternoon. Had this been Fleabay, I would've been screwed with no Vaseline... which is one of the reasons I quit Fleabay over seven years ago.

So that was my latest experience. As I mentioned, the seller I had purchased from twice prior, no longer exists. Just some minor scuffing so it's not a big deal for me to continue rolling on what I got. With your thread, I'll renew my search and let you know if I find something that looks promising...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Auctmarts and monster seem to be favorites. There are others, but by the time you add everything up, they all cost pretty much the same because they use the same factory. The ones that glue the tabs on charge less, but you've seen how that works out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts