Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Blue past you
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...=/20080812/GPG010301/808120605/1212/GPG010301

Well you could have never asked for a better friend. He was the kind of guy that would do anything for anyone. There are so many memories that I keep thinking of. The first summer that I got my R6 we were on our bikes everyday of the summer rain or shine. That was the greatest summer of my life. He loved his bike always working on it and washing. Just a awesome guy. Life will not be the same without him. I just ask that you pray for Brad and his family. thanks

This is my favorite pic that is his old bike he bought a V-ROD acouple weeks after this pic so he could keep up with the 6 alil better :) Just dont have very many pics of the v-rod we never got around to it.

This pic of before he painted it black with green flames it looked sick.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss, definately keep him in our prayers. It's good though to try and remember the good times.

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
damn he was too young to go...

May I ask what happened to cause this tradgedy??

·
Blue past you
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well everything is a little sketchy right now cuz there was only 1 person who seen it happen and they may have contributed in Brad dumping his bike or something else that now one knows. But i will tell you have is being said....

Brad was up north of green bay where the roads are just twistys everywhere you go. It was Brads first time up there so he was taking it slow. Well he came to a corner that was a long right hander and it start easy but mid corner turns harder. Well by the blacking that he left with his bike it looked like he thought is wasnt going to be as hard as it was, amd he wasnt ready for it. So he straighten up his bike and locked up the rear tire. Now the blacky is as straight as can be. And then he low sided into some trees.

Now he wasnt wearing a helmet but before you flame him for it. The Dr said he had no head injurys except for a quarter size fracture. All the damage was internal he had a lacerated liver and his right lung (think it was the right) was completely ripped off. So on the outside everyone thought he was fine. He got knocked out and actually came to at the scene and was talking to the guys and wanted to get up and walk around. But no one let him. Well long story short his heart stopped on the operating table.

Now what i think happen was he locked up his brakes cuz he miss judged the corner and as he did that the biker behind him rearended him. There was an R6 following him and that guy dumped his bike in the same corner. At the end of Brads black mark that is straight for 20 feet it just goes sideways and then you can see the sratches on the road from his bike. The r6 was destoryed you wouldnt be able to recognize it. But Brads bike you could have picked it up and rode it home. The other reason y i think he was hit from behind the r6 tire fell off and his forks are bent to shit. The guy says he locked up his brakes when he seen Brad lock up his but he didnt have any black marks just Brad. The kid is lieing. But the state troopers are looking into it so we will have the truth.

The morning that this all happened Brad called me and asked if i wanted to go i said no but tried to talk him into coming boating with me. I just wish i could go back. I am seriously concidering getting rid of my bike. I dont know what to do. Sorry about the spelling and grammar kind of emotional right now

·
Sexy Time
757 Posts
Im sorry man and no one hear ought to flame you for getting rid of it if you do. Makes me tear up just reading this. Prayers go out to him and his family and you bro.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's always tragic to hear/see/read all this & I am so sorry for your loss. Not to be rude but this does reinforce the "value" of FULL gear to me atleast. Who knows maybe...but it's tragic all the same.
It's understandable for you not to ride & I think you shouldn't for a while. However, by next riding season, saddle up & slowly but surely chase those demons away. Godspeed.

·
Juan's Baby Daddy
10,930 Posts
Im sorry man and no one hear ought to flame you for getting rid of it if you do. Makes me tear up just reading this. Prayers go out to him and his family and you bro.
:werd

But your friend also sounds like the kind of guy that would want you to keep riding.

Again sorry for the loss, Thought's go out to you and his family

·
Blue past you
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
he was wearing all other gear except for the helmet he never did.

·
Project MIDNITE continues
229 Posts
Well everything is a little sketchy right now cuz there was only 1 person who seen it happen and they may have contributed in Brad dumping his bike or something else that now one knows. But i will tell you have is being said....

Brad was up north of green bay where the roads are just twistys everywhere you go. It was Brads first time up there so he was taking it slow. Well he came to a corner that was a long right hander and it start easy but mid corner turns harder. Well by the blacking that he left with his bike it looked like he thought is wasnt going to be as hard as it was, amd he wasnt ready for it. So he straighten up his bike and locked up the rear tire. Now the blacky is as straight as can be. And then he low sided into some trees.

Now he wasnt wearing a helmet but before you flame him for it. The Dr said he had no head injurys except for a quarter size fracture. All the damage was internal he had a lacerated liver and his right lung (think it was the right) was completely ripped off. So on the outside everyone thought he was fine. He got knocked out and actually came to at the scene and was talking to the guys and wanted to get up and walk around. But no one let him. Well long story short his heart stopped on the operating table.

Now what i think happen was he locked up his brakes cuz he miss judged the corner and as he did that the biker behind him rearended him. There was an R6 following him and that guy dumped his bike in the same corner. At the end of Brads black mark that is straight for 20 feet it just goes sideways and then you can see the sratches on the road from his bike. The r6 was destoryed you wouldnt be able to recognize it. But Brads bike you could have picked it up and rode it home. The other reason y i think he was hit from behind the r6 tire fell off and his forks are bent to shit. The guy says he locked up his brakes when he seen Brad lock up his but he didnt have any black marks just Brad. The kid is lieing. But the state troopers are looking into it so we will have the truth.

The morning that this all happened Brad called me and asked if i wanted to go i said no but tried to talk him into coming boating with me. I just wish i could go back. I am seriously concidering getting rid of my bike. I dont know what to do. Sorry about the spelling and grammar kind of emotional right now

Sorry to hear for your loss bro. i know what your going through. my lil brother passed away recently in a motor cycle wreck. whats crazy is that they had similar accident.the day he passed he wanted to go ride.but i didt want to. wish i had. it was just there time ya know =/ my brother was wearing his helment. but i think when its your time its just your time to go. if you need anything or someone to talk to about this. im here for you bro. -John D

·
Blue past you
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry to hear for your loss bro. i know what your going through. my lil brother passed away recently in a motor cycle wreck. whats crazy is that they had similar accident.the day he passed he wanted to go ride.but i didt want to. wish i had. it was just there time ya know =/ my brother was wearing his helment. but i think when its your time its just your time to go. if you need anything or someone to talk to about this. im here for you bro. -John D
Thanks, it means alot, Right now im just in denile just kind of hoping i wake up and its a dream. He just meant alot. Always there. When or what made you decide whether you should keep riding or stop? I was think of maybe getting a V-Rod and selling the 6. He was always trying to get me to buy one. No matter what i do he still isnt here to ride with tho. Thanks dude

1 - 20 of 32 Posts