Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Your gay Bappert
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was told that it was a good idea to farm out my Halo/Projector mod to someone that is more experienced.

Can anyone tell me how much this usually costs, and someone known to do a good job and has a significant feedback.

Also, one thing that really concerns me is the resealing of the casing. I know that one sad attempt of a man installing stobes to my police cruiser it ended up getting foggy after a while.

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts

·
Your gay Bappert
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, one thing that really concerns me is the resealing of the casing. I know that one sad attempt of a man installing stobes to my police cruiser it ended up getting foggy after a while.
I am really considering this mod, but is there anyone complaining that the headlights are fogging because the factory seal is broken?

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I am really considering this mod, but is there anyone complaining that the headlights are fogging because the factory seal is broken?
Nothing of the factory is really "broken" except the dust covers. The headlight is resealed using the same glue. The dust covers are drilled to fit the weather proof boot to run the wires through.

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.

And also, can you do projectors without halos??

I think the halos are a bit :gay

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Mine never fog.

Bear in mind how much this mod will ACTUALLY cost you though. $400 is a pretty good deal for installation, but you have to use your stock setup (which normally sells for ~$200) which you don't get back (obviously) so it REALLY costs you $600.... so worth it though.

I was wondering the same thing.

And also, can you do projectors without halos??

I think the halos are a bit :gay
YOU're gay.

·
Your gay Bappert
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$400 is a bit pricey, Its bad enough paying for a bike you can't ride all winter and I'm a Jew when it comes to money. I'm going to look into trying this myself before spending that cash.

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
Mine never fog.

Bear in mind how much this mod will ACTUALLY cost you though. $400 is a pretty good deal for installation, but you have to use your stock setup (which normally sells for ~$200) which you don't get back (obviously) so it REALLY costs you $600.... so worth it though.

YOU're gay.
With that logic seeing as we are modding your $10,000 bike this mod is ACTUALLY gonna cost you $10400... run away!!!

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
$400 is a bit pricey, Its bad enough paying for a bike you can't ride all winter and I'm a Jew when it comes to money. I'm going to look into trying this myself before spending that cash.
I completely Understand, I always hate putting money into things. BUT, for the work and products I am offering $400 is a deal IMO.

I sell all the parts I use to do the mod as well, The kit itself goes for $150, the Brackets go for $40 and the shrouds go for $15 (im pretty sure thats what the prices are at.) So, at the Very Most you are paying me $195 to physically do the mod and ship your housing back to you. Each mod takes me 3 - 4 hours usually. I am more than happy to just sell the parts though too, I know if it was me I would opt to save the 200 bones, Ive made this much easier with these parts, I used to hand make each bracket out of plastic, it was taking me about 7 hours an install back then.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
With that logic seeing as we are modding your $10,000 bike this mod is ACTUALLY gonna cost you $10400... run away!!!

Not really.. You give a $200 set of headlights away along with $400 and you get back a set of bitchin' projectors that really cost you $600. It's not like you can decide to sell your stock headlights to make up for the cost.

I still think it's an awesome mod though, FYI. Not trying to turn business away, I'm just trying to inform.

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
I still have my stock assembly...didn't want to be without while the install was being surgically performed by the KRYPTONIAN. It's worth the investment, but that is only if you want to come up off 5 - 6 Bills. I'd do it again if I had to...no doubt!

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
Not really.. You give a $200 set of headlights away along with $400 and you get back a set of bitchin' projectors that really cost you $600. It's not like you can decide to sell your stock headlights to make up for the cost.

I still think it's an awesome mod though, FYI. Not trying to turn business away, I'm just trying to inform.
IM just busting your balls man, my main reason behind it is most parts you change out (like exhaust) isnt worth $hit anyway. Headlights are only worth money because they always break when a bike goes down and there isnt aftermarket alternatives, you wernt gonna sell your headlights unless you were parting your bike OR making a streetfighter out of it... but once again, most street fighters are born after a crash :fact

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts

I see what your are getting at.

If you buy stock headlights: 200$
Price paid to mod headlights: 400$
If you sell your modded headlights: ~400$
And you're out the 200$ for the stock headlights. You couldn't sell them for 600$ to get a full return.

The problem with this logic is that resale value on anything you mod/buy drops drastically as soon as it's purchased. You never get back what you've got into it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts