Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I heart dragging knee.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed some flush mount LED turn signals on the front of my '07 R6. Now when I put the blinker on, it blinks at 2X the speed it used to. I'm assuming it's because there's no resistance from the LED lights which use about 1/10 of the power of the ugly stock blinkers. Anyway, does anyone know a quick fix for this? Will changing the stock blinkers in the back to LED blinkers balance out the circuit and fix the problem?

Thanks

- Erik in San Diego.

·
crap
141 Posts
that prob it, my tail light is the same way, and the kit for the tail light came with some resistor blocks or whatever the hell you wanna call them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A blinker bulb pulls approx 2-3 watts.

a led is approx 20-30 mA x 12 volts is = .36 watts

u would need a resister that will allow this to become closer to the rated power.

2 watts - .36 watts = 1.64

1.64 watts / 12 volts = .13 A

12 volts/ .13 amps = R

finding R. should be something around 92 ohm. rated at 2w - 3w.

Or buy the resisrtor kits that parts stores sell for leds. look like little white rectangles.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yes aftermarket are usually leds, not bulbs which require less power, thus if the same amount of power goes into the led it will blink faster. U will need 2W 15- or 20 Ohm resistors u can buy then at any electrical store.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have some resistors for sale that bring the blinking rate back to normal. very easy to install. let me know if you are interested.

sorry to threadjack..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried this method but still signals r very fast. I got 10 ohm & 5w. Any help please.

A blinker bulb pulls approx 2-3 watts.

a led is approx 20-30 mA x 12 volts is = .36 watts

u would need a resister that will allow this to become closer to the rated power.

2 watts - .36 watts = 1.64

1.64 watts / 12 volts = .13 A

12 volts/ .13 amps = R

finding R. should be something around 92 ohm. rated at 2w - 3w.

I tried this method but still signals r very fast. I got 10 ohm & 5w. Any help please.

I tried this method but still the signals are very fast.
I got 100 ohm @ 5w
Any help please

Or buy the resisrtor kits that parts stores sell for leds. look like little white rectangles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts