Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hotbodies undertail, and greggs custom flushies, but they blink pretty fast. It is my understanding that I have changed the load, and that my electrical system is not balanced like it was. How can I correct it?

Thanks for the help

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
u can get a blinker equalizer, i think thats what its called. it should cure your problem, but im not sure where to get one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had this problem on my past bikes and in cars with after market blinkers!! I have fixed it by changing the blinker relay! I don't remember which one though now!! DAMN!! I will check and see if I can find one tomarrow evening!! I have also used resistors like those you buy at stereo shops!! Some bikes I just left it cause I thought it looked cool and it never did anything to the bike!! I'll check tom. though to see if I can find which one was for the 6's!! Peace!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Go to your local auto parts store. You need to get a variable load flasher relay. 12v.

The one i used is a

BUSS 232 It was like $7 or something. Now all you'll have to do is unplug the OEM relay, and get the new one wired back into the OEM's position. I made some wire extensions, and tie strapped the new relay off where i had more room.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RedlineR6 said:
Go to your local auto parts store. You need to get a variable load flasher relay. 12v.

The one i used is a

BUSS 232 It was like $7 or something. Now all you'll have to do is unplug the OEM relay, and get the new one wired back into the OEM's position. I made some wire extensions, and tie strapped the new relay off where i had more room.
Thanks Redline, do you recommend doing the relay, instead of using a resistor?

·
Registered
36 Posts
dunno how to fix it, and dont want to, i have the same prob. well not really because i like it, it gets u noticed and thats what i like about it, ride safe :cheers

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yes, use a new relay instead of a resistor.

You can do it that way or spend $30 for Libertek relay, or one from CustomLed i think.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Here is a pic of how and where i mounted my relay. The white tiestrap is holding it to the subframe crossmember. If you look close enough, you'll see that i made wire extensions to fit it there and simply plugged the wires into the stock relay plug. Sorry pic quality is funky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine is having the same kind of problem. But what happened to his bike was that the aftermarket front blinkers actually melted after he put in the equalizer. I then pointed him to this forum about the relay and after he installed it, his blinkers are still as bright as they were and he is afraid he will melt them more. Does this sound like just cheap blinkers I know he got them out of Dennis Kirk catalog.

·
Registered
76 Posts
MY blinkers do the same thing. I like it like that b/c it is easier to see. Save yourself a few bucks. Its a lot more noticable

·
Registered
6 Posts
When i first hooked mine up they were doing that, i changed the wires that i was using and it fixed the problem. If you are only hooking up 2 out of the 3 try different combinations, i don't remember which ones i ended up using but it blinks slow now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts