Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the record on the fastest any one has ever totaled a bike??? im not talking speed mind you, im talking ditance traveled.

ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO, of course it happened here we have the most idiots:stupic, R&S YAMAHA ON JUAN TABO. SATURDAY APRIL 13TH sold a BRAND NEW YELLOW AND BLACK '08 TO A GUY IN SHORTS, SHIRT AND GLOVES.
FRONT END IS DEMOLISHED AND TOP OF TANK SMASHED AND SCARED.

FINAL READING ON ODOMETER:: 1 FREAKING MILE :nocontrol 1 THATS IT 1

OH MY GOD SOME TIMES I WONDER WHY I AM STILL LIVING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuss

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
I'm sure you can find someone who has totaled the bike in the lot of the dealership...not too long ago a guy died in the dealer lot, may he RIP.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was in a local bike shop the other day with a friend and a guy was telling me that his friend totaled a ZX-14 with in a 100 miles.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
damn.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I personally have no sympathy for someone not wearing gear. This was just a case of natural selection. If you are too stupid to wear gear then you have obviously made a conscious decision to ride unprotected which has its consequences like everything else. I am not a gear nazi but I would assume a full faced helmet would have done him a lot of good crashing into a parked car at parking lot speeds.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I've seen a guy pull out of the dealer lot, go about 50 feet down an alley, miss the turn onto the street and ride the bike into a brick wall. He came back asking if the dealer was going to help him pay for the bike and they laughed at him. I did too.

·
Rotten Hot Sweat Balls
509 Posts
Totaled an 06 Gixxer the day I picked it up, 56 miles on it. Insurance company did not even have a deprecated value, since the bike was so new.

Sucks when it happened, but I would not have an R6 if it did'nt. I am now glad it did happen.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally have no sympathy for someone not wearing gear. This was just a case of natural selection. If you are too stupid to wear gear then you have obviously made a conscious decision to ride unprotected which has its consequences like everything else. I am not a gear nazi but I would assume a full faced helmet would have done him a lot of good crashing into a parked car at parking lot speeds.
i agree, i am not totally about gear all the time,,, esspecially here in New Mexico where it gets upto and over 100 in the summer, but if your not wearing it then your just playing with your own life. ive had 7 friends killed all wearing gear, but you know what they were doing things putting themselves in harms way, though i miss them, they were gambling their lives and lost. when my time comes, im gonna make sure i can at least say i tried to protect my self and wore my lid at the least.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Totaled an 06 Gixxer the day I picked it up, 56 miles on it. Insurance company did not even have a deprecated value, since the bike was so new.

Sucks when it happened, but I would not have an R6 if it did'nt. I am now glad it did happen.
thank god it was a Suzuki and not something that has some value lol

·
Atom Smasher
862 Posts

·
Atom Smasher
862 Posts

·
Stupidity is rampant...
21 Posts
Friend of mine worked at a shop.
They had more bikes get wrecked 50 ft from the front gate than he can count.....
30 ft driveway, 1 right turn and BAM ! :toocool:
After warning them about new tires being slick etc.;)
One kid walked back in and asked if they wanted to buy it back (crashed).
They told him to go call a towtruck......:lmao

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know a guy who wrecked his bike on a curb just about 1/4 mile from the dealer. He was taking it down the street on its very first trip on the street and hit hit a curb and knocked the oil plug off. It was an SV650 so I don't know how he managed to do it but he did.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts