Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So long story short, sold my 09 orange/raven R6 to get a 08 cbr 1000. Wrecked that 1000 (black ice is a bitch, especially when you can't see it :dunce:). Broke my foot, sprained my hand. :nono

Here she was before the wreck:

Anyways, convinced myself to stay clear of the motorcycle world. Then this 08 r6 came up on craigslist. I couldn't turn away from the price he was asking. It was an amazing steal, talked the buyer down nearly $1500 from the asking price. He HAD to sell it as he was getting deployed over seas. Only 5900 miles, with a few scrapes here and there, but not too bad. :toocool:

Used the insurance money I got from the 1000 to buy this '08 R6 (and an '08 focus!), and had enough left over to buy all the go-fast parts I needed for the street.

Here she is from the original owner (mostly stock):

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Now when I got her, original owner installed lowering links and a shortened kickstand. He also adjusted the suspension accordingly. I returned pretty much everything to stock. Won't post pictures of the stock dogbone installed bc it looks exactly like it does above. :fact

Wanted to make a few necessary cosmetic mods before moving towards the go-fast parts. I bought a pair of 5000k HIDs from AGGracing and installed them ASAP. :D

Installed an integrated tail light, and cleaned up the tail a little bit. Now moving on to the best part...

Picked up a brand new set of MJS stainless headers and a GYTR pipe. Installed these and got rid of the old headers stock muffler. Also took off the passenger pegs for a cleaner look.

After getting all of that installed, I debated on whether I should dyno-tune my bike via PC5 or have my ECU flashed by Anthony (Bauce Racing). Went down the ECU flash route and haven't regretted it since. Throttle is way more responsive, much more smoother, and the 2k engine idle is :YEA

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Now comes the sad part. Was going to school one morning and managed to get into a head-on collision with the bumper of a truck. Of course nothing happened to the truck, but my R6... Well...

Walked away with no damage, but lost my pride as hundreds of cars went by and took pictures of the incident :thumbdown

Driver of truck was also a rider. He felt really bad, and insisted we get the hell outta there before the cops came. Soon enough, the trio arrives. Cops, an ambulance, and a fire truck. Within 2 minutes of it happening too. :cuss

Anyways, decided to not run it through insurance, and fix all the stuff myself. (Still in the process)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, finally got around to purchasing ALL the parts I needed (and didn't need :mad:), just had to find time to install it. My summer internship had a few weeks off so I decided to dig in.

Basically started the tear-down process of everything that was broken, and made an assessment of what to keep and not replace. I actually rode the bike like this for awhile because I couldn't resist the urge :laugh

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took the entire day, but managed to get everything back together, with the exception of a few things.

The bracket that holds the voltage regulator was cracked, but the regulator itself was untouched. A lot of the tabs on the fairings were cracked, but not to the point where they wouldn't go together (and with the help of some gorilla tape :laugh). Anyways, here's the final outcome:

P.S. Sorry for the sideways pics, but there will be better pics along the ways! (not sideways of course)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.