1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(
So the project bike is now done.
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120359

Been riding it for about a month now. During the first couple weeks, everytime i try to get on the throttle, i realize that the bike kinda choked up at around 5.5k - 6.5k rpm. So i took it to a local shop for a mech for diag. He took the bike out for a test run, but he couldn't find the problem. (that was like 3 weeks ago). So yesterday i rode my bike to mall, then when i was about to leave; i start the bike up, the bike start up fine, right when i pull out the lot, i realize that the throttle isn't working. So i turn it off to check all the wire to see if any wires were cut. Everything was perfect. so i started it back up, bike start idle, but throttle still doesnt work. After couple tries, it decided to work, so i road it home. Today when i tried to start the bike up. i got Fault code No. 60

Sorry if my english is not perfect. Im a FOB, but please forgive me and help my bike.

so i look at service manual. and here is Fault code No. 60. Dealership want 110$ for electric diag =(

What should i do? is there any test i could run to see if it the rev motor or the sensor?

Currently: checking the connection.
Next: ?

Fault code No. 60 Symptom Throttle servo motor: open or short circuit detected.
Defective throttle servo motor.
Malfunction in ECU (servo motor driving system).
Diagnostic code No. 01
Throttle position sensor (for throttle valves) signal 1
Throttle position sensor (for throttle valves) signal 2
Order Item/components and probable
cause
Check or maintenance job Reinstatement
method
1 Installed state of throttle position sensor
(for throttle valves).
• Check for looseness or pinching.
• Check that the sensor is installed
in the specified position.
Turning the
main switch to
“ON”.
2 Connections
• Throttle servo motor coupler
• Main wire harness ECU coupler
• Check the couplers for any pins
that may be pulled out.
• Check the locking condition of
the couplers.
• If there is a malfunction, repair it
and connect the coupler securely.
3 Open or short circuit in wire harness. • Repair or replace if there is an
open or short circuit.
• Between throttle servo motor
coupler and ECU coupler.
(yellow/red–yellow/red)
(light green/red–light green/red)
4 Defective throttle servo motor. • Execute the diagnostic mode.
(Code Nos. 01, 13)
• Replace the throttle body assembly
if defective.
5 Malfunction in ECU. Replace the ECU.
Fault code No. Er-1 Symptom No signals are received from the ECU.
Diagnostic code No. — —
Order Item/components and probable
cause

·
Registered
10 Posts
Put your bike into diagnostics mode and check the signal your getting from your TPS. Select diag 1 and check for smooth accurate operation of the throttle signal. Turn the steering wheel a couple times and try again. Mabey its a loose connection. This is the option on my 03, yours might be different. Check your service manual for the correct menu item.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey,

I had the same problem a few days ago (code 60, throttle not responding). I changed the fuse out, and it got rid of the code, and the throttle ran perfect after.

I don't know much about bikes, but I just thought I'd let you know what I did to fix my bike!

Good Luck! :)

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey,

I had the same problem a few days ago (code 60, throttle not responding). I changed the fuse out, and it got rid of the code, and the throttle ran perfect after.

I don't know much about bikes, but I just thought I'd let you know what I did to fix my bike!

Good Luck! :)
did you switch out the 7.5 ev fuse under the seat? i checked all my fuses and everything was okay =(.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did...luckily there was a spare one in there, so after I popped the spare in, everything was back to normal. The only other thing that I did was put in a brand new battery...but I don't think that had anything to do with the throttle problem I was having. But yeah, those were the only 2 things I did: new fuse and new battery.

Sorry I can't be more of a help! :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts