Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had a favorite direction to corner. I seem to take left hand corners like a champ. Got about 1/4" chicken strip left on the left side, but the right side I have troubles leaning as far over.

Anyone else have this problem. Or know how to cure it haha :rolleyes:

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Left is pretty common, because when people lean right they have trouble modulating the throttle. I know right handers are a little more awkward for me.. but that's just something else to work on.

I like left turns.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok good. I thought I was just a failure. (still very much possible haha). My chicken strip on the right side is like 1/2" - 3/4". I Just hate looking at it lol.

Should there be a LITTLE chicken strip on the sides yet, or do the good riders not have any at all?

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Ok good. I thought I was just a failure. (still very much possible haha). My chicken strip on the right side is like 1/2" - 3/4". I Just hate looking at it lol.

Should there be a LITTLE chicken strip on the sides yet, or do the good riders not have any at all?

Stop looking at your chicken strips. They don't give you any indication of your skill (or lack thereof).

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,448 Posts
I like left better too. But I don't have too much of trouble turning right

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like lefts, but I"mI actually find it easier to handle the throttle when going right (smoother).... maybe because I'm restricted in the ability to make sudden/choppy adjustments like I can when going left (even if i dont mean to).

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Right is quite a bit easier for me. Left feels awkward

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
My body position in to left handers is better so i need less lean. On the right the bike is leaned over more do to my body position. But, it looks far better than it was a year to two years ago. Not all crossed up anymore :flex:

·
Wishing I was in PA
1,100 Posts
My cerebellum likes left hand turns better. Maybe bc my penis bends that way too hahahaha. Try working your cerebellum like balancing something in your right hand (pole stick, bat...)

Loading error

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
I actually like right turns and I am right handed. Idk why? Maybe because my pimp hand is strong...which is the right.

·
she drops it low
1,447 Posts
Obviously there is some correlation on the average on handedness and comfort turning in a direction,

Seems like im more comfy turning left, but right isnt bad

·
Registered
391 Posts
Used to be left turns when I used to motocross but now on my track bike it is right turns.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
I love Right hand turns at the track.

Big long sweeping ones.. wait what

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 31 Posts