Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
NH Slummin'
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bike with a brand new Kevin hunt built engine in it. I have spoken with Kevin personally about this build and the engine. The price tag for these builds cost about 5500 dollars, This one has a much needed yoyodyne slipper as well, 800-900 dollar option. The cost of parts and labor does not include the cost of an engine. I may just keep the engine for myself but if I can get the right amount of money I will gladly let it go.
These engines will produce north of 137 horse power at the rear wheel and can be driven daily on the street. Carrillo rods, je pistons, web cams, head work, yoyodyne clutch. This engine is a monster. It has never been started. Still needs to go through break in period which I can go over you with if needed.

Asking: $5000.00 shipped.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1407095000.401733.jpg
Not the best photo but it is what I say it is. Please contact me with any further questions.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sick!!
great seller...we almost did a deal on the Carrozz, but they went to a more worthy buyer.
Great open communications, and willing to work with u on a (more than) fair deal.

glws!

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
You bought a bike with this engine, but it's not in the bike and has never been started?

·
NH Slummin'
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct. Anthony will back this up. This was a build that was publicized on this forum, money came up short and the bike was never fully finished. So I bought it from the kid who had it built. I actually bought everything Yamaha he owned. Thanks for the doubt though.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Correct. Anthony will back this up. This was a build that was publicized on this forum, money came up short and the bike was never fully finished. So I bought it from the kid who had it built. I actually bought everything Yamaha he owned. Thanks for the doubt though.

When this much money is on the line, any doubt at all is a concern. Don't throw a jab for someone who may have been interested asking you to clarify your story.

·
NH Slummin'
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can make an 06/07 engine work in an 08 with some changes and vice versa. Most people people convert 06/07 into 08+.

My plan was to convert this engine into an 08+ since it came out of an 06, and run it in my 08, with my 08 ecu and electronics.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ok, stupid question time, 08+ engine will work zero issues with a 06/7? electronics and all?
if i'm not mistaken...as i came across a few threads on this on the board...in order to install 08+ into 06/07, you will need following:
08+ tank
08+ air box
08+ throttle bodies
08+ ECU
08+ dashboard

not necessarily a small (cheap) undertaking, but certainly do-able.
but given this particular motor, the extra effort would be worth it!

does anyone else have a different experience making this swap?

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Pretty sure the cluster is interchangeable between the 07 and the 08..

·
Tires tell no lies
737 Posts
Free webcam with the motor? :poke Like, to take selfies?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts