Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gettin ready to hit the road and weather lady said its gonna be 40 degrees C which is around 102 F for you americans!! :) i only got leather and uhmm no holes so choice of road rash or riding in an oven?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sweat,sweat and sweat.It's exactly the same like your helmet.You pay a $h1tload of money to buy gear BUT you wish it will never prove to be useful.
Use your gear even if it seems like a nightmare out there with 40C and try to get a textile jacket asap.And as everyone says,there are two types of riders,those that fallen allready and those that will fall.

·
Registered
320 Posts
102 degrees f that!

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
i usually only wear gear now if i plan on going over 35, i used to be a gear nazi and wear my gear when it was 100f but omg not wearing all that crap and just taking it easy is pretty enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I want to buy this for those hot summer days, I see everybody rockin them

http://www.newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/189

Those are good to wear under a textile jacket or something similar, but that really has no protection against rash at all. You arms would be totally exposed.

I am the ass-hole who has a awesome A* jacket, one piece TEKNIC suit, but still rides around in jeans and a t-shirt w/ a helmet. I am sorry, but like someone else said. It takes the fun out of it. If I am going out ripping corners and banzai highway runs, yeah, def a jacket and some more. Scootin' around town.... Sorry. Its tooo much. When it gets cooler out, or even night time I wear more gear. Sitting in traffic when its 100 F and a 212 degree bike blowing hot air on you from the fans is not fun at all...

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Those are good to wear under a textile jacket or something similar, but that really has no protection against rash at all. You arms would be totally exposed.

I am the ass-hole who has a awesome A* jacket, one piece TEKNIC suit, but still rides around in jeans and a t-shirt w/ a helmet. I am sorry, but like someone else said. It takes the fun out of it. If I am going out ripping corners and banzai highway runs, yeah, def a jacket and some more. Scootin' around town.... Sorry. Its tooo much. When it gets cooler out, or even night time I wear more gear. Sitting in traffic when its 100 F and a 212 degree bike blowing hot air on you from the fans is not fun at all...

Don't worry, I'm that asshole too, if it's like 100 degrees and I just got to go to work or something I'll leave my jacket at home.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Alpinestars Bionic Protector 2...
I love that friggin thing, and it works no matter how hot it gets...

·
Registered
122 Posts
98 degrees here yesterday in the shade and wore my fieldsheer jacket, hot as hell, hated everytime I had to stop since I would just start sweating more, it sucked but felt safer than without. Don't have riding pants so just ride in jeans, but have jacket, gloves, helmet, over the ankle boots.
Paid $200 for the armored jacket so I figure I better wear it, rode last year in just t-shirt, jeans, helmet, gloves and an SUV cut a corner and came within inches of being road kill, buddy of mine was riding his bike with me and he couldnt stop in time and went in the ditch and went down, we got lucky and have been wearing our gear since.

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
its only like 25 C in van today--but its only noon. unless you are in traffic, then its about 50.

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
gettin ready to hit the road and weather lady said its gonna be 40 degrees C which is around 102 F for you americans!! :) i only got leather and uhmm no holes so choice of road rash or riding in an oven?
Ouch! Thats why I got a mesh riding jacket for the summer. 95+ April to Sept, Oct here in Houston.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
my logic is: would i rather sweat or bleed? id rather sweat personally. all of you who are talking about how you dont wear your gear if your just putting around by your houses or in town should remember that most bike accidents are within 5 miles or 5 minutes of your home and on firmiliar roads, i know how to ride, i dont care how confident i am in my skills, i dont trust society

1 - 20 of 33 Posts