Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a very difficult time finding a fender eliminator to fit my new 2008 YZFR6/S. I got one in the mail today from a vender I will not mention yet.
It is not the right size. The holes on the "piece of plastic" they sent are an inch and a quarter and I need the holes at two and three quarters.
Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed, for sure it is the wrong one. Now I just some input on a non-ebay place to get it from if the vender I went through does not send me the correct one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jeenyus1five8, thats what I'm talking about, When I got the part it sure seemed like the cost would be around 20 or 30 cents to make.
I think I'll try my hand a making it myself. Maybe I just make a couple hundred of them and sell them on line. :) maybe not.
Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
jeenyus1five8, thats what I'm talking about, When I got the part it sure seemed like the cost would be around 20 or 30 cents to make.
I think I'll try my hand a making it myself. Maybe I just make a couple hundred of them and sell them on line. :) maybe not.
Thank you for the help.

hell ya man. no prob. let us know how it turns out. it took me about a hr to make mine and get it just the way i wanted it but it works awsome and it was $4 :YEA

·
Registered
2 Posts
i made mine took me about 10 minutes and 2 peaces of 4 inch back strapping . u use the stock tail hugger, makes the licence plate set about 1/4 inch off tail section up snug. looks like it was made from the factory b/c u cannot see the back straping. Also u ahve to cut the stock alluminium peace off about 1 inch from the top where it bolts on. Uses stock bolts and stock licence plate holder. no holes to drill if u use backstraping with holes in the...alls you have to buy 2 peace back strap 2.50 for 2 and 2 boltsan dnuts, .25cents a peace at lowes. . email me [email protected] andill show n e one pictures of how it was done. No since spending 50 bucks for one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts