Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am here in NY, I am told I am required to have a license plate light and one red reflector. Since I will be integrating my turn signals, I am looking for a mount that handles the above but does not offer turn signal holes. What is the cleanest, sleekest it or mount out there?

·
Registered
119 Posts
there's several options. you could get the mount that mounts right under the tail light. that looks pretty clean. also there's a mount you can buy for mad cheap like a custom mount for a few bucks that mounts right above the rear tire. i personally got the swing arm license plate holder that mounts sideways on the side of the rear tire. it has no license plate light or anything. btw i'm from queens

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
you can mount your plate for free. under the tail you will see 2 black clips. pop them out...bend your plate a bit...replace the clips through the two top plate holes. your tail light will provide light, it will be visible, and when a car is behind it will provide the light needed to see it. lots of guys have it, it looks clean, and its free...i did it and have had no problems

·
Shake & Bake!!
2,676 Posts
you can mount your plate for free. under the tail you will see 2 black clips. pop them out...bend your plate a bit...replace the clips through the two top plate holes. your tail light will provide light, it will be visible, and when a car is behind it will provide the light needed to see it. lots of guys have it, it looks clean, and its free...i did it and have had no problems
:stupic But I did add an extra LED light so the pigs stay off my case.. :fact

·
Registered
285 Posts
i got one on eBay, very small (in terms of size) comes w/ 3 separate LEDs, so it's pretty bright ... hopefully cops won't complain much about that... i do like the other one but it goes more inside and since you live in new york, you know how cops are in these areas... so i'm thinking what i did is probably the best option

·
Under construction
89 Posts
Competition werks license plate bracket it sick but will set you back a little. they even come with the light. As far as the reflector goes, **** the system, ha ha.

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Competition werks license plate bracket it sick but will set you back a little. they even come with the light. As far as the reflector goes, **** the system, ha ha.
right, this is the one i wanted to get but i'm afraid that means ticket once a cop pull you over, otherwise i think it's the bad ass fender eliminator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts