Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Depends on the type of exhaust you are getting, but I'm gonna say no it will not fit...

With mine it would be a tight fit and you wouldnt be able to see the right turn signal even if it did fit.

But again, it depends on the type of hi mount you get... some are higher thn others...

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
If the light stays tucked under the undertray and doesn't stick out past the edge of the bike (looking from the back) you should be alright.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Be careful though, my can is round and I think it breaks the plane of the edge of the tail section a little at the back.

If it is close, you might be able to fannagle the pipe into a position thet clears the lightswhile it is still loose then tighten everything down.

Be CREATIVE!!! :mrgreen:

And before some sort of gay joke comes flying back at me, I'll go ahead and point out that ...

Yes I said
my can is round
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im thinking i might just mount my plate under the battery box using this as the tag light

And using this for my turn signals

Then my bike will look sweet :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
you might try if you don't mind losing the rear pass pegs, taking those off and like J said, line it up so that it fits and then tighten it down. It might give you more room to move it a bit further away from the bike to clear the light. You could also try bending the mounting bracket to give you the additioanl clearance as wll. To quote J, "Be creative"! I myself have the CustomLED integrated tailight so I could avoid this whole thing, mostly cuz I'm not creative and to lazy.

And J, I'm stoppin with the gay jokes now. Now that everyone knows, its no fun anymore!

·
Registered
112 Posts
R6- I have a red 2001 with the fender eliminator and signal integrator like you posted. My license plate is mounted right underneath to 2 of the 4 holes the original fender mounted to. I get tons of compliments, and I think it is about as good looking as it gets. You also wont have to worry about the high mount exhaust getting in the way, either. I have a pic of my rear end if you want to see it.

Rubber side down!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I took off the rear mud guard, drilled a hole in my plate and mounted it to the swingarm above the front of the rear wheel.

I have a pic of my rear end if you want to see it.
no thank you...

:throwup

·
Registered
995 Posts
yes jasamb show us ur pics,no not those pics,the ones of ur bike

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

You can see it in this pic, but I will take a better one from the back.

**damn is that one good lookin dude!**

:roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts