Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this Fender Eliminator off Ebay for $29. It is just the bracket, no blinkers. It is very simple, very clean. I reall ylike it!

www.randrcycles.com is the company, they are all over Ebay tho...

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
if the piece I am pointing to is the license plate, then what is the thing I circled cuz its like 3x the size of your plate!

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
I just installed this eliminator the other day (with LP shortstalks) and it makes the bike look 1000 times better. And I'm with Pen, what is that extension part?

do u have ne plate illumination?
These kits don't come with a license plate light, which is the only downfall to the kit. Of course, you can always pick up a small LED either online or at a autoparts store.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, here in TX we have to have vehicles inspected each year, so that aluminum plate is what holds the inspection sticker. You can see both, only because one had been bent before and they aren't perfectly aligned.

The blue things are the little round reflective tag bolts...

I installed little white LEDs in my undertail for the tag lights..

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
That sucks you guys need to have those stickers on there. They should make the exception for bikes. :hammer Was it fairly easy drilling and installing the LEDs yoda? Looks good!

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as easy as drilling 4 holes into plastic, hot-gluing some LEDs in place, and wiring up 2 wires...

very simple to do.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess that would be the ONLY reason!!! :hammer :hammer

:cheers

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
has to be able to be seen from 25ft behind the vehicle. I have heard guys say they jut keep it in the trunk and that is OK, but I don't want them to have a reason to pull me over :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
yoda said:
as easy as drilling 4 holes into plastic, hot-gluing some LEDs in place, and wiring up 2 wires...

very simple to do.
Hey yoda, I was thinking of doing something like this but I was worried about light shining 360 degrees rather than just on the plate. Can you see the LED's when viewing the bike from behind? I found this cool set of LED's at Pep Boys where the LED is in a plastic case and I just spray-painted the back half of the case and stuck it to my bottom of my bike. That way the light was only shining towards the plate. Worked great but the LED already died. I guess it was just cheap crap. So I'm thinking of doing my own setup with stuff from Radio Shack.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
honestly, they aren't bright enough out of the sides of the LED to really matter...most of the light shines out the tip, straight onto the plate.

·
Registered
281 Posts
maybe i missed something, but you have a hotbodies undertail right? so why didn't you use the brackets that come with it? i also have a hotbodies undertail and it came with em

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did pretty much the same eliminator but it was home made.

I started off doing the stock signal and mod using the home depot Simpson Strong Tie Co. part #AC4Z

http://www.r6-forum.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2526&highlight=depot

Here is the picture of original mod. It is not a good view but you can see the stock signal front and rear. This mod makes the back signals look like some kind of fruit ready to be picked.

Here is an updated eliminator. I got out the side of the fender eliminator because I don't need to mount the stock signal light anymore. I am running with flush mount signal light from CycleGear. NOTE: don't you these signal for running light, it will melt the plastic cover.

I was able to use the factory nuts and bolts to mount the plate holder.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts