Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Is it Spring yet?
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the thread for different fender eliminator kits, but I want some more info on this if you could suggest where to buy a kit. I'm getting the integrated tail lights from custom led and I need the kit but I obviously don't want it bulky and need the tag light to light up my license plate under my seat, any suggestions or should the tail light be enough light?

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
D2Moto, they have a sale right now. I got the bolt tag lights from cycle gear but D2moto sells them too.

·
Registered
360 Posts
D2Moto, they have a sale right now. I got the bolt tag lights from cycle gear but D2moto sells them too.
snap i forgot about d2moto... use coupon code ws40 for 40% off

·
DARC Racing
2,334 Posts
and if you are lucky you will get the item you actually ordered from D2, you wont get ignored to several emails and phone calls to correct the issue, take several weeks to get any reply, ship the wrong part back at your expense, get screwed on your in store credit for the return, and finally get what you ordered several weeks later anyway........ :sing

WORST company Ive ever done business with !! (Cant believe after the 1st bad experience with them I actually gave them a second change to screw me over worse!! Shame on ME !!)

Do yourself a favor, pay more else where and get some quality service.

·
Is it Spring yet?
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and if you are lucky you will get the item you actually ordered from D2, you wont get ignored to several emails and phone calls to correct the issue, take several weeks to get any reply, ship the wrong part back at your expense, get screwed on your in store credit for the return, and finally get what you ordered several weeks later anyway........ :sing

WORST company Ive ever done business with !! (Cant believe after the 1st bad experience with them I actually gave them a second change to screw me over worse!! Shame on ME !!)

haha thanks for the heads up.
:beerchug

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Home Depot and Lowes sells some good Fender Eliminators. Price is pretty good too! anywhere from 25 cents to 4 bucks!

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Personally I run my bike without a tag light. The CustomLED lights it up enough for cops not to care around here. But like KevinP mentioned, all depends on the cops where you live.
Not just the cops but the state troopers as well. Had one following me for 10 minutes straight the other night even when I was doing the speed limit (55) on the freeway while other cars were passing me. Finally went away when we hit the 3rd express way.

I was sitting there thinking he's probably going to pull me over for not having a plate light. My smoked integrated tail light doesn't light the plate up at all so today I just tried to put back on my bolt lights but tightened a bolt too hard and broke the threading. So I fabricated something up with Gorilla double stick tap.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know that mine ( http://competitionwerkes.com/ ) used the tag light that was already in the factory one, it was pretty cool. I kinda glued mine so it wouldn't move on me going down the road

·
Premium Member
67 Posts

no problems with my order, and it was shipped to Canada

·
Power It Up...
26 Posts
I know that mine ( http://competitionwerkes.com/ ) used the tag light that was already in the factory one, it was pretty cool. I kinda glued mine so it wouldn't move on me going down the road
Looks good, but not $129.95 good :dunce:

I got hassled the other day, but then again my plate is completely illegal so I can't complain. End of the season is here for me, so I guess if d2moto takes a couple months on the eliminator and led bolts it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I created my own using an extra LED strip I had from my Audi light mod. Trimmed it down to 9 LEDs and used industrial double stick tape to secure the strip to the body directly below the tail lamp. The pic is obviously during the day, but at night it's ridiculously bright and does the job well.

Yes, the plate is in a plastic bag. It's my temp plate. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts