Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a few things I figured I would share my thoughts on!

1st: GoPro HD...Great camera and accessories, takes great videos and many mounting options. And if you have doubts on how strong the suction cup is......throw them out the window!:laugh And the vids are at the bottom!

2nd: HM Plus Quick Shifter....VERY easy to install and set up, it basically comes pre set but I needed to bump my sensitivity up a little and its perfect now. Super smooth/seamless, feels really good for the couple short rides I have taken so far.

3rd: Hyperpro RSC damper.....Install was pretty straight forward and easy, Looks great and seems very good quality and can be fully serviced for less than $100. The only down side to it is having to finagle with it to remove the tank, I haven't tried it yet but I believe I can just remove the front tank(now damper mount bolt) and the rear tank pivot bolt and slide the tank back away from the damper then come up with it, and if that works then there's no issues at all with it!

4th: Motion Pro VR throttle kit.....Works very well and I like it, install was a lot easier than I expected :) But Tommy already posted a good review of it so I will leave it at that.

5th: CRG Arrow bar end mirror.....Great bar end mirror and 1st I ever had and I was surprised at how well you can see with it, I think its better than the stockers IMO, but like above Tommy already did a good review! And thanks for those reviews too! :cheers

6th: Driven Clip-ons.......Great quality and like any aftermarket clip-on great movement, these also seemed to be a tad bit higher than the stock bars.

7th & 8th: Galfer Wave Rotors(fronts) and Vesrah RJL pads.....Great rotors and pads! I wish I had weighed the rotors and I still might just to compare but honestly they didn't feel much lighter if any than the stockers? But between the 2, my initial bite is really good but I haven't really pushed them or got them very hot yet to tell much about the fade? But so far better than my Galfer pads and stock rotors fo sho!

9th & 10th: Vortex F5 hardcoated alum. rear sprocket and Woodcraft Shark guard.......Sprockets alum. and light and so far with a few hard ran local road rides no sign of wear at all on it, and the toe guard is well.........a toe guard :laugh it should do its job if needed and was pretty easy to install and came with all needed hardware all you need is the drill bit and drill.

Here's the 2 and only vids I have shot so far with the GoPro and it clearly demonstrates the strength of the suction cup :laugh The vids are after all these installs also so you can hear the workings of the QS but it took me a few times to quite using the clutch, its a hard habit to over come! Its just a back road near my house and I did a kind of a test/going crazy not being able to ride and the temp. hit 50 so I was out kind of deal! Hopefully i will get some better vids this summer tho.

This is kind of boring until ~4 min. and 6 min. due to my lack of getting them edited yet, but here it is anywayz.

This one is pretty straight forward and short and simple.

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice vids. man, i'd be worried about grip on my tires in the cold temp. what kind of tires you running?
Yeah I was being a little timid myself between the temp. And all the salt and crap on the roads but they stuck like glue! They're. The pilot powers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts