Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont need comments on why Do I need remote start on a Bike. You are entitled to your opinion and me with mines. Its Cool. I have it on my truck and its just a convience. I know living in Hawaii, Warm ups arent a problem.
Any whoo. I have a Two way Alarm System. Made for Motorcycles. I have it Hooked up fine except The damm remote start Boggles me.
The wires on the diagram i need help with are the (BLUE) Starter and the (pink)Flame Out-near lock and the (grey) Flame out-car body

What is the Flame out Wire?(both) What is the Starter wire? I only see a Ground comming off the starter. It goes to the relay. which is a cluster of 4 wires and two side saddle fuses.

I tried a few ways to no avail. when I click remote start, I hear the fuel pump and The all the lights come on.
I know the flame out wires must be for the anti theft thingy, allows you to stop the bike if someone drives off on it. So Id imagine its on the ignition. The Switch? or the relay ?

I tried with the Blue to the Blue of the starter relay, but still no remote start.

The flame out as I said, Must go to the Switch ( Run /Stop) I will try that one tomorrow. But where for the starter?

You will Probally only know the answer if you installed this sort of alarm before. Or you are Motorcycle savy. I am knoleged in many things, however, this is my first bike. Dont wanna burn the Computer or anything. So Please No scarcastic comments, just the answers I need. Or a direction to go.

I have looked at the Manuals diagrams online, but they are to techie for me.
so no links to those are necessary.

Help. Sorry so long............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Maximus697/Giordonalarm2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Maximus697/Giordonalarm.jpg

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
Remember the bike has to be in NEUTRAL because the kickstand has a safety switch in it so it won't start if it's in gear. Make sure you got that right first

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oooh did I mention, Ive been riding Dirtbike Competitively for 17 Years? YES MY BIKE IS IN neutral and my Bike starts with the stand down. Mahalo.
WIRING is where I need Help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am no dick. Just wanna cover bases before the retorical Comments/suggestions come in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ok so im guessing the flame out wire like you said just kills power to ignition wich would shut off the bike. only thing i would be worried about is it just sending ground to it while the ignition wire is still live thus grounding and possibly frying your ECU. That i would be hesitent. but you should be able to find the starter wire at the starter relay. if not there should be 3 sometimes 2 wires. 1. main power cable from battery. 2. Signal wire from relay. (tag at relay if no luck try at the starter itself.) 3. Ground sometimes the chasis of the starter itself is the ground. Try just grounding both of the Flame out wires with the starter wire hooked up and see what happens. If no luck try one or the other flame out wires to ground and try starting. You have everything except a signal to the wire. I Used a Viper 990 car alarm on mine so it didnt have these Flame out wires what ever they are.

Now i just looked at the pictures lol. Yes the Flame out wire (pink) gets tapped to the ignition wire. (acc) And Gray looks like it goes to just chassis ground.

·
Registered
324 Posts
any luck? curious to know

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Popped a fuse giving it another try. I will now stop. Atleast the alarm works fine, the remote start is something I will Pass for now on. Aloha:toocool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts