Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought this bike about 2 months ago, it's an 05 R6... it looked like this...

I have since installed a full Leo Vince exhaust, Dynojet Power Commander III, Woodcraft cut frame sliders, spools, Hotbodies flushmout front turn signals and Michelin Pilot Power tires. I think I am done with mods for a while, unless I go with a bunch of carbon fiber. I am a much bigger fan of how it looks now! What do you think?

and the sound went from this...

TO THIS!! :)

I keep forgetting to take off those stupid reflectors on the front wheel. Either way.. I like it lots!!! LOL :) Sorry it's kinda dirty.. got caught in the rain and haven't thoroughly cleaned her yet. My next mod will most likely be black rearsets and passenger sets.

Ohhh.... I almost forgot the most important mod! Puma wristbands on both brake reservoirs!!! :) HOT!

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That first vid sounds like a Ducati. Not sure if its from the exhaust but it sure sounds like a dry clutch
You mean with the ART exhaust? Ya... i never liked the sound at all. It was weird. LOL.. the video of the Leo Vince doesnt do it justice... under load at about 10K RPM's this thing screams!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice bike, good choice on the Woodcraft Cut Frame Sliders. Either you know about bikes, or you did your research. Now start puttin on the Carbon Fiber!!! (How much have you put into the bike by now??)

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice bike, good choice on the Woodcraft Cut Frame Sliders. Either you know about bikes, or you did your research. Now start puttin on the Carbon Fiber!!! (How much have you put into the bike by now??)
I did my research. A local guy hooked me up. I was weary about cuttin into my fairings so he installed them and the spools for me for $20. Nice guy!

I have been lookin into CF. The pieces I want add up to about $1200! LOL :( I wish I was rich!

So far I have just over $7K into it, including the $600 helmet and $200 jacket I bought when I got the bike.

·
Banned
660 Posts
I did my research. A local guy hooked me up. I was weary about cuttin into my fairings so he installed them and the spools for me for $20. Nice guy!

I have been lookin into CF. The pieces I want add up to about $1200! LOL :( I wish I was rich!

So far I have just over $7K into it, including the $600 helmet and $200 jacket I bought when I got the bike.
i personally dont like the CF look. and na i dont have levers for sale just the rest of the bike loooks purrtty cept those levers :)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Nice choice on the full leovince. Had the full race on my 05, and loved it. Your's sounds a little bit shallower than mine though. Do you have an insert in it? Mine had quite a bit of a growl at idle, and just screamed coming up through the power band.

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice choice on the full leovince. Had the full race on my 05, and loved it. Your's sounds a little bit shallower than mine though. Do you have an insert in it? Mine had quite a bit of a growl at idle, and just screamed coming up through the power band.
Nope no insert... that thing is as hollow as can be! And it does growl. I love it, even tho free-revving isnt the smartest, when I do it, I love the sound! Its deep and mean.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
To start, bike looks and sounds great! However, never say you're done when it comes to modifying the bike. In the big picture, you're never really done, except for what the budget allows at the time. Through this thread, you've already picked more. Enjoy the future upgrades. :)

·
06 Raven R6 Alumni
211 Posts
Do they have a high mount for that Leo Vince? I think that should be your next mod. Makes it look cleaner imo. Overall, great looking bike.

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do they have a high mount for that Leo Vince? I think that should be your next mod. Makes it look cleaner imo. Overall, great looking bike.
I agree.. the hi mounts is much cleaner, but No... and when I bought it the guy at Leo Vince said it was a hight mount. Would that just require a longer "down pipe" from the can itself to the rest of the exhaust?

Altho... if I do the hi-mount.. no more sexy girls on the back. Altho that's not a horrible thing.. I hate passengers!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts