Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, my rearsets and brake/clutch levers are out getting powder coated flat black, along with my boyfriends GSX-R1000's rims there in the background.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I lowered it 3 inches in the rear, don't exactly remember how much in the front-a lot though!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My boyfriend and I both agree that it handles better than it did stock. It turns a lot tighter, no shimmy's anywhere. I've had it this way for about 9 months now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 5' 0", and couldn't touch at all. I used a fully adjustable lowering link. I think I paid $150 for it. Then we had to cut the side stand, and re-weld the pad back on it. But other than the $150 for the part. We did the rest ourselves for nothing.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Hey Char, looks really good (lowered look).
How long did it take to do the whole lowering process?
I thought of doing this awhile back.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
About 2 hours. The hardest part was finding a way to lift the back of the bike in the garage, without using the swingarm. After that everything was easy. Getting the front perfect was trial & error, we would lower it, ride it, lower it, ride it..etc..etc..etc..to get the front to match the rear.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
man grau. that is a sweet ride. im glad to see u got the pics to work. im sure next time well get to see you makin that bike look even better. :mrgreen:

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
miraclegrau - how high is the front fork tubes sticking out of your clamps? a friend of mine wants to lower her bike the way you did yours.
aloha and mahalo(thank you) in advance.
stoneloco808

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought the R6 had an adjustable preload? I've got 01 katana, which is being replaced by an 04 R6, and on my kat, i put the preload down to 2 and i was much more comfortable on it (i'm 5'6, and a lightweight). how low can the R6 go w/ just the preload settings?

·
Registered
12 Posts
is it just me or am I the only one that cannot C these pics???? I have a bunch of red X's as pics...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts