Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, do I feel clumsy on a motorcycle. Today I came back home for the weekend from college. So I decide that I'm going to take the bike out for the weekend and then put it away again. Well anyways, once I hop on the bike and hit my first corner. I didn't feel relax like i use to be. I just didn't feel nature at all anymore. Maybe the cold whether has an effect on it but I really doubt it. The tires would take forever to warm up. After 10-15 of riding I would stop and feel my rear tire, and it didn't generate any sort of heat.

Is this just me or does it happen to everyone after a month or soo of a motorcycle.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm in your exact position right now. I came home from school after a couple of weeks of being away. I was having major withdrals so at midnight i came home to pick it up and park it at a friends house for a couple days

The first couple of minutes i was on it, i felt like the grips on the clip ons felt so small and my 6 even felt really small. Usually everything feels big to me, but anyways, it was sweet cause i had all of interstate 88 towards chicago all to myself!

I was contemplating going home today just to ride for a few hours.....I;m obsessed.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i feel that every other week because of my job. it kinda sucks having to work a schedule 8 days on a remote job site then 6 days off. i know the feeling like, you are trying to get used to riding again.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
A buddy and I were talking about this same subject a few weeks ago. I hadn't ridden for about two weeks and once I got back on the 6, it felt like my first ride home all over again for the first 10 minutes. I felt like I was learning how to turn and lean all over again. It all comes back to you after a few minutes though. :hammer

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whether is in the 70's today so thats a little better. Yeah today I feel a lot more comfortable then i was yesterday. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
487 Posts
personally, i'm trying to sell mine at my home town, so my dad shows it to people that call. So i can't really bring it an hour and a half away from home, but i might if it doesn't sell soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts