Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got the launch down... best pass today was a 10.74 @ 128 mph... Damn I was stoked. Im betting I can squeeze 10.6X out of her. The ZX14 ran 9.6 @ 144, so i looked slow and left late.

http://youtu.be/ZjEXeb-iG64

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
Awsome, It's nice when everything comes together.
That ZX was gone.lololol

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
How bout that mile long wheelie bar, hahaaa.. OP, what mods do you have?

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
zx14 has wheelie bars... automatically gay and should be forbidden to ever riding a street bike again. Not impressed unless he laid down some 4s in the 1/8. 144 is bitch mph for a bike that size. :lmao

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How bout that mile long wheelie bar, hahaaa.. OP, what mods do you have?
sjm exhaust, geared down a couple, PCV, quickshifter, air filter, timing tuner.. nothing fancy, just the normal add ons.

I guess my next goal is to hit a 10.6 with it

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Yeah, I would say the other guy definitely has the launch down.
Um, he has a wheelie bar so i would hope he's laying down 1.3 60' times or he's a chump. Also, his bar angle looked off to me, and its hard to tell, but it looks like he still has the stock shock. Shocks and wheelie bars are specifically disallowed, just like straps and wheelie bars. You have to solid strut it to be legal, or at least that is my understanding.

zx14 has wheelie bars... automatically gay and should be forbidden to ever riding a street bike again. Not impressed unless he laid down some 4s in the 1/8. 144 is bitch mph for a bike that size. :lmao
Yeah, the outlaw/shootout guys are in the 7s and 8s or faster all day long with no bar. And 144 is pretty sad, our 674 threw down almost 145 yesterday on a 9.52 pass....with plenty left on the table. Unless you are doing at least near the 8s in the quarter on a 14/Busa, you're pretty disappointing.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
And for fcuks sake, dude, fold in your mirrors and give that thing some gas....

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Um, he has a wheelie bar so i would hope he's laying down 1.3 60' times or he's a chump. Also, his bar angle looked off to me, and its hard to tell, but it looks like he still has the stock shock. Shocks and wheelie bars are specifically disallowed, just like straps and wheelie bars. You have to solid strut it to be legal, or at least that is my understanding.

Yeah, the outlaw/shootout guys are in the 7s and 8s or faster all day long with no bar. And 144 is pretty sad, our 674 threw down almost 145 yesterday on a 9.52 pass....with plenty left on the table. Unless you are doing at least near the 8s in the quarter on a 14/Busa, you're pretty disappointing.

This was just a Test-and-Tune... so it wasnt like it was the NHRA or anything.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
This was just a Test-and-Tune... so it wasnt like it was the NHRA or anything.
The no bar and shock thing is a safety issue, not one that requires NHRA sanction. If you've ever seen one of those bar bike catch air and go over, you'll understand that its not something you want to be a part of. Improperly setting up and then launching on a shock can bend or even break the bar mounts.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I have no clue who the dude was or what he knows.. I guess it passed tech.
Wow. Our track is sorry and that shit wouldnt get by here.... Just be careful taking advice from guys that do sketchy shit like that. And if you race brackets ever, dropping the dime is a sure fire way to go a round. :laugh

1 - 20 of 24 Posts