Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I eat my R6's Clutch
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through a city street in plattsburgh new york and I went into a turn while shifting. It engaged while i was on some sand. Im 3 weeks into the sport so my clutching isnt that smooth. So anyways it spun then caught the pavement and tried to throw me off, in the meanwhile i tried to hold on and tached it out and the sent it out from under me sliding down the road and into a curb. I slid down the road about 20-30 feet and got some road rash, but that is it thank god. Bike is pretty messed up. Everything from the headlights up are smashed handlebars are done, tank dented. left foot peg broke off, shift lever is bent and the tail or the tire or both seems to be tweaked in the back. Here's some pics, anyone else have damage like this? What did it end up running you?

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
In the end, I'm glad you made it out with just a little bit of rash. Good luck with the repairs...

·
I eat my R6's Clutch
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could frame sliders have even helped??!!!
what were you wearing?
They probably would have helped. When I bought the bike the dealer were supposed to have them on it. It was put in with my loan and everything. They failed to do so and they said they wouldn't put them on til my service date which is today ironically.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
sucks! hope ypu get it built back quick, and take your learning slower id say

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
It's only going to cost as much as your insurance deductible. You had insurance, right?

·
My KTM is partly Orange
492 Posts
I bet on 1500 bucks. Havent loked at pics, but new fairings, subframe, slider, headlight looked damaged from thumbnails, fairing stay, various screw, rearsets....and thats if the frame is ok. It aint cheap.

But insurance is there for that reason....and only answer yes / no to questions they ask if possible. Limit your repsonse in every way you can. They WILL try to ***** you.

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
Is there a hole in your license plate or is it me? Hopefully its just your stock flap back there that is damaged and not your subframe.. Good luck with the repairs..

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts
Im 3 weeks into the sport so my clutching isnt that smooth.
perhaps there are courses for this? One would be smart to take the MSF course or similar if they have never been on 2 wheels with a motor. Good luck with the repairs, but take the course, would of saved you this aggravtion seeing how they tell you to never shift in a turn until you are extremely comfortable with your bike.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
perhaps there are courses for this? One would be smart to take the MSF course or similar if they have never been on 2 wheels with a motor. Good luck with the repairs, but take the course, would of saved you this aggravtion seeing how they tell you to never shift in a turn until you are extremely comfortable with your bike.
+1 I guess you learned the hardway.

Glad that you are okay. What gear were you wearing? Where did you get rashed up?

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Glad you're ok dude. Hope you had insurance and I hope it'll be covered, because otherwise, you're gonna be really sad when you get the estimate. Good luck with the repairs and look on the bright side - you're here and healthy, thats a chance to learn from your mistake. Definitely take MSF course, more than that, you might want to bless yourself with a smaller displacement and less costly machine to f*** up before you dump your R6 again. IMO.

·
I eat my R6's Clutch
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bet on 1500 bucks. Havent loked at pics, but new fairings, subframe, slider, headlight looked damaged from thumbnails, fairing stay, various screw, rearsets....and thats if the frame is ok. It aint cheap.

But insurance is there for that reason....and only answer yes / no to questions they ask if possible. Limit your repsonse in every way you can. They WILL try to ***** you.

Thanks, I think i'll only have to replace the front and rear plastics, the sides are fine. Is the sub frame the extension from the bike where your seat is?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just went down myself on some gravel... Glad your ok...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry to hear. Glad you made it out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts