Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the holidays I had my R6 with me at my parents', where it was stored under their carport. Unfortunately, one of our asshole cats knows exactly where you don't want him to be at any given time and positions himself there. In this case, it's in top of my motorcycle. I tried putting a sheet on top of it, but it always manages to get pulled off. Apparently the cat fails at jumping too, so now I have a ton of fine, thin scratches on my seat. They're hard to see unless the light hits the seat at a certain angle, and then they're quite unsightly.

Anyway, the question is, is there anything I can use to cover/hide/remove scratches from a seat? It's not the end of the world either way, but if there's something I can do to try and get rid of those ugly scratches, let me know.

That stupid cat is nothing but a nuisance.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Try putting the sheet + a block of wood or a brick on the seat to keep it from falling.

Might have better luck in calling a re upholstery shop and ask for their advice if no one can provide it. Only thing I can say is to stay away from the as seen on tv DIY seat repair kits. One of my friend's roommates did it for his Ninja 250 and he says it looks like theres gum all over the seat.

Otherwise if it bothers you that much then get a new seat cover or a new seat entirely that's more comfortable.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nah, it doesn't bother me enough to replace the seat. They're just so small that I figured there would be some sort of quick-fix kit or chemical that could cover them up or something. *shrug*

I really have not a clue, thus the thread.

The "more comfortable" part tempts me constantly though. I bet one of those gel seats would go a long way for my bony ass :*tongue.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Try putting the sheet + a block of wood or a brick on the seat to keep it from falling.

Might have better luck in calling a re upholstery shop and ask for their advice if no one can provide it. Only thing I can say is to stay away from the as seen on tv DIY seat repair kits. One of my friend's roommates did it for his Ninja 250 and he says it looks like theres gum all over the seat.

Otherwise if it bothers you that much then get a new seat cover or a new seat entirely that's more comfortable.
Thats pretty much it right there...

·
Registered
673 Posts
bike cover
/thread

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have went with the block of wood / brick on top of a sheet idea, but I didn't have the foresight.

It's not worth investing in a bike cover when I park my bike inside of my apartment. I was visiting and the asshole cat decided he would leave his mark.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I'd get a motorcycle cover for future visits to your parents as I'm sure this won't be a one time thing. What is worst than a cat is a raccoon.

I got a cheap motorcycle cover on eBay for $20, it's rain proof as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey bro, for like $20 or so, you can order just the seat cover right from Yamaha. It secures to the bottom of the seat with staples. So just recover it yourself. Check out the parts diagram on cheapcycleparts.com

For $20-25 why not have your bike be perfect again?
I will look into it. But my bike isn't perfect anyway. There's a small crack in the fairing by the left headlight where the previous owner "bumped it into a wall." Sounded dumb, but really, that's the only way that damage could've happened, so he wasn't lying.

Also, over Christmas I was pushing the bike into the carport of my parents' (noticing a trend? everything bad has happened there), and I was going up an incline on uneven ground. When the front tire went up onto the concrete, there was a bump that threw the balance of the bike to the right. I was pushing it too close to the balance point instead of leaning it towards me, and when it happened it was too late to do anything. It fell into my mom's car :scared. Luckily, it only cracked the little fin on the rear fairing between the passenger and rider seat and put a tiny little rock-sized scratch on my mom's car. I came out of that one lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts